Lost Connection to Map Server

LastKaz3ar

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to Homecoming and I'm encountering an issue with the client as of today, not entirely sure what's wrong. Basically, approx. 10 minutes of gameplay, or just being connected, and I get that good ole' Lost connection to the map server message on screen.

Now, I've only been connected to Indomitable today, but I haven't seen anyone else reporting this issue, so I wanted to ask here if anyone else has experienced this and how they have resolved it if they have.

As in update, I bumped over to another server and I encountered the same issue, so its not my connection to the specific server.

I've attempted re-validating the game files to see if that had any effect on anything and it didn't, but the last time I tried it seemed to take awhile to do so.

I'm not having any issues with my internet elsewhere, so I don't think its my connection, although my connection does get kind of 'bad' sometimes so I'm trying a few things in that realm to see if they have any effect.

i've been playing the game for last 2 weeks or so with no issues even on med and heavy traffic on torchbearer ,this following week I can't stay connected more than 2 to 5 min max.

i got two characters up to lv 30+

my friends can log on w/o any problems

I've also put the tequila.exe under win10 firewall exceptions (i suggest trying to put the City o heros folder under the exception)

tried the validation check in the tequila options

I also tried making a character on the EU reunion server and had the same problem (they suggest trying EU server since it's a different area altogether)

ethernet is not an option unfortunately

I've also tried to disable the IPv6 with no results either.

They have a discord link somewhere to the COH: homecoming discord (i dont know how to link it) and goto the Report-server-issues section. try posting there.

my newest venture is using Wireshark (free) https://www.wireshark.org/  to record your network but I'm not sure how to use it.

Maybe they can see what's wrong if we post that in a DM its listed under another post (the install guide v2.0) here in formums.

Hope something helps as I still cant play it anymore.