Are all secondaries solo friendly?

cprice

I ask this because I would like to find another a secondary that is solo friendly. I have a fire/shield scrapper that can take on a lot of things on it's own. Not everything, but a lot of things. I am guessing it is the whole "positional defense" nature of the set. So does that make all secondaries with innate positional defense (like SR and NIN) more solo friendly? When I say solo I mean taking on large groups as well as AVs. I have a /DA toon that is softcapped s/l and maxed s/l resists. That toon is fine and all, but it's more of a team player. I know with some primaries, surviving while fighting large groups can go slower because of single target damage, but I'm more concerned with the surviving aspect. Any opinions on this matter?

I ask this because I would like to find another a secondary that is solo friendly. I have a fire/shield scrapper that can take on a lot of things on it's own. Not everything, but a lot of things. I am guessing it is the whole "positional defense" nature of the set. So does that make all secondaries with innate positional defense (like SR and NIN) more solo friendly? When I say solo I mean taking on large groups as well as AVs. I have a /DA toon that is softcapped s/l and maxed s/l resists. That toon is fine and all, but it's more of a team player. I know with some primaries, surviving while fighting large groups can go slower because of single target damage, but I'm more concerned with the surviving aspect. Any opinions on this matter?

There are vanishingly few nonpositional attacks, so there is a small advantage there vs typed defense, but it really sounds like what's going on is that you're comparing a toon with broad resilience to a toon with narrower resilience.  Even squishies chase S/L/E at a minimum; Dark Armor on Scrappers very much wants to have comfortable all-around defense levels and drag enemies into Cloak of Fear to augment that.

SR is very solo-friendly and Nin can be, but so can any other kit if it's build to leverage all of the set's strengths.  I'd say the three toughest for soloing are Regen, FA, and Electric, but even those are fine with some planning and good tactics.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker