Graphic settings reset... outside of game?

Ashikuro

I need some help. Does anyone know where the graphics preferences are stored on your PC? 

I somehow messed up my resolution settings on my laptop. I tried upscaling the resolution to improve texture quality, but Instead of scaling to the right resolution I only see the lower left corner of the login screen. Since I can't login to the game, I can't reset the resolution back. I would think there is some type of user config file somewhere that I can either delete or edit in notepad to change the resolution outside of the game. I've uninstalled the game completely and deleted every file I can think of associated with the game. When I re-install, the graphics settings are still saved somehow.

Any suggestions?

On 4/26/2019 at 9:07 AM, Silk said:

Resolution Problems:

Note: When at the log in screen after changing your setting hit apply then to close the window look for the tiny tiny red circle under the cancel button.

You can fix by using Alt+Enter switch from fullscreen to window.  If you still have problems you need to disable display scaling on the "launchers" which means on "Tequila or Island Rum". To do so you just right click the shortcut for either Tequila or Island Rum, click properties and choose the compatibility tab and make sure to check the box for "Disable display scaling for high dpi settings". Click apply and ok.

For windows 10 Start > PC settings > Display > Under "Scale and Layout," change the drop down option for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to the recommended setting (100% in my case).

You can do the above for all the .exe's if you're still having problems as someone mentioned they had to do this to homecoming.exe and not just on the tequila.exe.

Some 4k user had trouble and this helped them:

Fixed it. Had to set the DPI setting to application and NOT system!

Remember that the graphical settings are stored in your system registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\coh . You can run Regedit to access and modify the values if needed. See page 4 for more details on the regedit fix.

Simpler way to reset video settings to defaults: Start -> Find/Run -> REG DELETE HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\CoH

Some also report having to turn off vsync to get the image correct. 

From

Thanks for your response! This helped me a lot.

The issue was with Window's scaling settings. Since I have a big monitor, I run 150% but for some reason the game scaled up and didn't fit into the game window. Once I turned Windows scaling down to 100% then the game fit into the window again regardless of how high I crank up in-game graphics. Interesting issue... not seen that on any other game. Thanks for your help!!

• Like 1