HC crashing on Linux/Wine

TotalGyros

So, I installed the game a while back in my Mint box, on a clean wine prefix, using etoh-downloader. At the time I was only playing on Rebirth and it worked just fine, but now I'm also doubling on Homecoming. The problem I have is that while the Rebirth.exe runs fine under wine, Homecoming.exe crashes on launch. I've set-up a separate prefix for Homecoming as well, but no dice. I'm running it with d3dx9, dinput8 and dotnet45 installed. I know the different dev groups have different .exe, so I assume there has to be something more I need to do to get HC to work, but I'm not sure what. I've tried the -renderthread 0 argument, setting windows version to WinXP, running on a virtual desktop and the prefix is win32, but the result is always the same.

What I do know is that there are specific errors I'm getting when I launch homecoming.exe from the terminal; particularly

Error loading shaders/cgfx/effects/outlinefp.cg
Shader Compilation failure in shaders/cgfx/effects/outlinefp.cg
Defines: 'DESATURATE NO_FPRENDER '

Error loading shaders/cgfx/effects/outlinefp.cg
Shader Compilation failure in shaders/cgfx/effects/outlinefp.cg
Defines: 'NO_FPRENDER '

I don't get these when running the Rebirth executable, so I assume the problem is around that. Any ideas? Anybody running homecoming.exe under wine?

Notes: If it matters, I'm using wine 3.6 and I'm on a AMD GPU.

Edited by TotalGyros