Update, Confusion, Suggestions and feedback

I just want to voice my opinion here. I hope that the next update makes it so that you get xp from enemies defeated by confused enemies. I have a mind troller that I really like, but with mass confusion I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place when I have to decide between never using my capstone outside of emergencies or robbing my teammates of their rightful xp.

The fear is that this would make confusion too good, but I personally don't think so. This change wouldn't actually make confusion moves stronger, it would just make it so you have to farm less if you use them. Depriving xp is not a good way to balance a mechanic in my opinion.

That being said, I want to know what you guys think, and would like to discuss any other potential concerns related to this topic.

A long time back, someone with a good grasp of numbers ran the numbers and they came to the conclusion that over time, confusion results in a net gain of XP since you're able to defeat enemies more quickly and more safely.  The matter of people being upset because "muh ecks-pees" is an issue that died down to a low murmur once this became widespread knowledge, just in time for Our Lord and Savior Plant Control's arrival on the scene.

Now I'm not a coder, but I'd imagine that confusion and the XP being based on the damage dealt to the enemy by you or your team is also tied to, or part of, XP not being given to you by enemies that are fighting each other, e.g. Council versus 5th Column setpieces.  The most likely scenario is that changing XP rewards with regards to confused enemies would entail changing how XP is rewarded, period, which would have longer-reaching repercussions.

In any case, confusion is already stupidly good.

(Also I think this would probably be better suited for Gen Discussion.)

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.