Latency during gameplay (64 and 32 bit)

MoggieCanada

I've noticed over the past week a sudden drop in network performance while connected to server Everlasting. This happens both during off- and on-peak hours. 

Symptoms include rubberbanding and animation stutter of cars and people. Clicking icons is delayed by a few seconds.

Netgraph reports a very high latency of between 2 and 5 seconds (between 2000 and 5000 millseconds). Some of the bars appear yellow or red at times. I'm not noticing these latency issues outside of gameplay. 

System vitals:

16 GB DDR4 Memory

NVidea GeForce GTX 1050Ti with latest driver.

Intel Core i7-8750H 2.2Ghz processor.

Operating system is 1903 build of Windows 10 64 bit.

256 GB SSD and 1 TB Hard Drive.

Some theories I might have:

* Priority setting for both the 32 and 64 bit clients under Task Manager reports below normal. This means other background tasks may be stealing processor time and causing an artificial lag. 

* I've heard of some reports regarding Windows Update messing up the 1903 build, which includes WiFi. I'd like to try a direct connect but this laptop does not have a network Cat4/5 connector.

* New GeForce driver reportedly causing some headaches with tearing (but nothing to do with performance).

Sone fixes I've done with no success.

* Switching off RealTime file scanning under McAfee.

* Running Safe Mode

* Dumbing down graphics to low quality.

* Running registry cleaner.

* Reinstalling on the SSD (note on installation guide: it says the download total is 5 gig. Might be more since we have the Beta now as well to install. Wish we could opt out of the Beta install and just download the active build).

I used to remember hearing about parameters one can pass to the program during Live. I am not sure if they are supported under Homecoming.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Edited by MoggieCanada

• Retired Game Master
3 hours ago, MoggieCanada said:

* Priority setting for both the 32 and 64 bit clients under Task Manager reports below normal. This means other background tasks may be stealing processor time and causing an artificial lag. 

The game automatically sets its priority to below normal when out of focus and normal when in focus. You can verify this if you have it in windowed mode/can otherwise see your task manager with the game in focus.

Regarding networking issues, something you should test is whether or not it's an issue with other services, and also test your connection strength to the Reunion shard.