Save Window Positions?

r0y

Is there an option to save/load window positions?  I have many alts, and will have many more, and I would like my layout consistent across them all.  I can load the window OPTIONS, and the keybinds, but I'm not seeing anything for actual size or position.  Does this exist, and if so:  how do I achieve it?

image.png.3235ad16db851f45b0f52a0314c3cd1d.png

In the Options window, pick the Windows tab.  Scroll all the way down, and you'll see these two areas.  Chat settings file saves presets, tabs, and channel memberships.  Windows settings file saves window positions, sizes and tray locations.  When you have the windows and chat arranged how you like it, click "SAVE TO DEFAULT FILE" on both.  Then load your alts, come back to the same place in the Options dialog, Windows tab, and "LOAD FROM DEFAULT FILE" on both.

You can also do this to use a toon between different desktops and resolutions.  Let's say you got a large monitor on a desktop and a laptop with a smaller screen.  Load your toon on the laptop, arrange the windows how you like it, and in the Options screen, under the "Windows" tab, use the Default File buttons to capture the layout on that system.

Once you're back on the larger screen system, use "LOAD FROM DEFAULT FILE" again to put the window positions back.  Returning to your laptop, "LOAD FROM DEFAULT FILE" to unjumble the windows for the smaller screen.

(Unrelated to Homecoming: the same steps work on Paragon Chat as well.)

Edited by Tahquitz
  • Thanks 1

Inactive account.

You can also do:

/wdw_save

and

/wdw_load

Which is the same as above but without going through options, or you can save a separate file (useful if you change your windows around for different things like Raids etc). Using:

/wdw_save_file <filename>.txt

and

/wdw_load_file <filename>.txt

By default this is placed in the piggs folder, but you can use a proper path eg: D:\Games\Tequila\<filename>.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1