Questions about Taunt, Placate and Fear

Sublime

So as as stated above, how does these powers effect in PVP? 

I know we got hellua lot resist for Fear ´n all the others but does Placate accually do anything in sample 1vs1 match? (get traget off from you) or Could ya get Fear duration last more than 1 sec?

• 2 weeks later

fears are generally not useful at all

placate is definitely useful in 1v1's, making the opponent unable to attack you for about 5 seconds, psi blast is pretty much only viable in 1v1's because you can slot the placate proc in will dom, without that they would struggle a lot. in team stuff placate is generally far less useful though

taunt is a little more interesting, all taunts force the opponent to target you and only you for a given amount of time (or until you break line of sight with the taunter or outrange the taunt) which can be incredibly powerful in team pvp, though not terribly useful in pvp. however, the tank taunt (and i believe brute and scrapper taunts too) from their powersets also comes with a -75% range component, which is really, really strong vs ranged toons, and i believe (someone will probably correct me here as well as other places) is not evadable by breaking LOS or the like.