Jump to content

Necro/Dark Build - Comments?

kelly Rocket

Recommended Posts

So, messing about with Necro/Dark in Pine's, I came up with this. I focused *hard* on the Debuff/Control aspects of both sets, and went with Soul Mastery for theme, and also because of the tentacles which stack with the Dark Servant's tentacles.


It's Necromancy, so it's never going to be a lot of damage, but I feel like this ought to have a fairly absurd level of survivability, and bring a lot of utility to teams.


Comments or suggestions welcome!


Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962



Click this DataLink to open the build!


Level 50 Magic Mastermind

Primary Power Set: Necromancy

Secondary Power Set: Dark Miasma

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Presence

Power Pool: Speed

Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery


Hero Profile:

Level 1: Zombie Horde -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(3), HO:Nucle(3), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(43), EdcoftheM-PetDef(50)

Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- ThfofEss-Heal/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(5), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(7), ThfofEss-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(7), ThfofEss-Acc/Heal(9)

Level 2: Tar Patch -- PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(A), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(5), TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(11), ImpSwf-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(11), ImpSwf-Dam%(13), CrtSpd-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(27)

Level 4: Darkest Night -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(13), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(15), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(15), CldSns-%Dam(17)

Level 6: Enchant Undead -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), HO:Cyto(9), HO:Cyto(17), Rct-ResDam%(19)

Level 10: Howling Twilight -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 12: Grave Knight -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(23), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25)

Level 14: Tactics -- HO:Enzym(A), HO:Enzym(29), HO:Enzym(31)

Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(43)

Level 18: Soul Extraction -- SvrRgh-PetResDam(A), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(19), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(21), HO:Lyso(21), HO:Lyso(23), HO:Lyso(27)

Level 20: Fearsome Stare -- HO:Endo(A), HO:Endo(31), HO:Membr(31), HO:Membr(34), UnsTrr-Stun%(34)

Level 22: Provoke -- PrfZng-Taunt(A), PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(37), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(37), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(37), TrmIns-Dsrnt%(39), PrfZng-Dam%(39)

Level 24: Intimidate -- HO:Endo(A)

Level 26: Lich -- HO:Endo(A), HO:Endo(39), HO:Endo(40), ToHitDeb-I(40), ToHitDeb-I(40), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(42)

Level 28: Petrifying Gaze -- HO:Endo(A)

Level 30: Invoke Panic -- GlmoftheA-Acc/Fear/Rchg(A), Ngh-Acc/Fear/Rchg(42), UnsTrr-Acc/Fear/Rchg(42)

Level 32: Dark Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 35: Night Fall -- HO:Lyso(A), HO:Lyso(36), HO:Lyso(36), RechRdx-I(43), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(50)

Level 38: Dark Servant -- HO:Endo(A), HO:Endo(45), ToHitDeb-I(45), ToHitDeb-I(46), Heal-I(46), Heal-I(46)

Level 41: Soul Tentacles -- GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(A), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(45), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(48), GrvAnc-Hold%(48), HO:Endo(48)

Level 44: Dark Embrace -- HO:Ribo(A), HO:Ribo(50)

Level 47: Oppressive Gloom -- HO:Endo(A)

Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Supremacy

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(29), EndMod-I(36)







Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a zombie/dark MM back in 2012. I focused way more on offense though I'm sure your build will serve you well. Just Darkest Night and Fearsome Stare's massive -tohit debuffs makes Dark a monster in the game.




Build for recharge so that Tar Patch/Howling Twilight can be used frequently. A teammate does not need to be dead for Howling Twilight to apply it's AoE -regen/stun/fear. Use it to prevent deaths rather than a rez.


Can go light on the pet accuracy slotting. Between Tactics (+11% tohit) and MM's inherent Supremacy (+10% tohit), pets do not miss a often. I usually slotted pets for 30% acc and had no issues hitting +4 targets.


I think Necromancy is one of the better damaging pet sets but needs work to get there. It has a good range of damage types including negative, lethal and toxic.


Slot Grave Knights with Achilles' Heel and Lady Grey procs. They will increase pets dps by a fair amount.


Slot Lich with the Cloud Senses proc. It will increase his dps a fair amount.


Skip Dark Empowerment (T9 power) on the Lich so that he won't have Fearsome Stare and Petrifying Gaze. Without them, he will only cycle through his damage attacks. It seemed redundant that the Lich, Dark Servant and MM all have these 2 powers.


This is bit of a novelty and ends up being a chore to accomplish. Take Burnout from the Speed pool and double Soul Extraction to have 2 extra pets for 5 minutes (Burnout also works with Thug's Gang War and Demon's Hell on Earth). There's a lot of steps to get it done:


Summon Lich - /releasepets - Soul Extraction - Burnout - Soul Extraction - summon Zombies/Grave Knights - Dark Empowerment (T9) - Summon Lich - Enchant Undead (T4) - Summon Lore/Dark Servant. In the end, it's 11 pets. Here's a video of me doing that and taking down a Rikti pylon with them.



Here's the old build, updated a bit to include the new IOs. I might remake him:


| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I wouldn't want to skip Dark Empowerment on the Lich. The whole point of my build was stupid levels of stacking crowd controls. I, the Lich, and the Servant all have Tenebrous Tentacles and Petrifying Gaze. The Lich and I both have Fearsome Stare. I slotted a couple powers with chance to stun.


It's not a damage dealer, but this build makes damn sure the enemy don't get to be damage dealers either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything has a minimum of 5% chance to hit. Players and enemies. A level 50+3 incarnate with softcap defense can still be hit by a level 1, debuffed with -70% tohit minion, because of that 5% chance. That's the reason why +45% def bring builds to softcap. Critter's 50% (to hit/miss) + 45% def = 95%.


Between your MM's Fearsome/Darkest/Twilight, Dark Servant with his CotN/Darkest/Tenebrous/Twilight, and Lich's list of -tohit powers, all enemies still have a 5% tohit. Even if the list of above powers stack to debuff targets to -70%.


Your Fearsome Stare provides -15.75% debuff, Darkest Night another -16.22% debuff and your MM has +12.5% def to everything. That's equivalent to about 44.5% def. 0.5% away from softcap. Cast a single Night Fall or a debuff from Lich/Fluffy, and you're equivalent to 45% def.


Your pets has +14% def to everything (Edict/Call/Maneuvers), except AoE is +29% (CotMM). They're equivalent to 46% def to everything, except AoE is 61%. Your pets are equivalent to being softcap when you have FS/DN active.


I understand you want to create a tankermind, master mezzer/debuff MM but pet damage was sacrificed for more -tohit debuffs, when it doesn't need more, on your Lich. End reduction non-existent in Lich/Zombies. Opressive Gloom and Petrifying Gaze have minimal slotting. Dark Servant, Soul Extraction and Night Fall has more -tohit slotted. Howling Twilight, which is arguably the best mez power in the game, is slotted for a single recharge. Slot Petrifying Gaze with the Lockdown proc, and pick Soul Storm slotted with Lockdown/Devastation procs to quintiple stack a hold on a target.


In the end, it's an MM and will still get you through the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey strikerfox, everytime i try to view your build link it gives me an error know what im doing wrong?


Not sure.  It's a Pine's build and may not work in Mids'. Try copying and importing this:



























Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey thanks for this build.


A question as a newbie player, am I blind or didn't you get any movement skills and just use Ninja Run? I was thinking of getting Fly at level 4, what should I do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Create New...