Earth/Rad

nimrodfalcon

Hello all. I did not play a ton when the game was live (at launch for maybe six months and I returned just in time for the sunset) and I am still pretty new to building characters. I have read the post from the old forums but the suggested IO build is extremely old (still has stamina, swift, health, etc). Would switching these out for fighting pool powers be advisable? I don't normally take travel powers so what about a replacement for super speed (maneuvers?). Is Air Superiority worth it for this build? Would the Mu patron pool be a better fit than Ice or Earth with the aoe damage of ball lightning and the added s/l defense of charged armor? Also, can anyone give me a relatively cheap (ie no purples or hami IOs) build as a jumping off point for my earth rad?

Charged armor does not give defense, it gives resistance. Personally I don't bother with softcapping my Earth/Rad, the debuffs and the control are to good plus I always play him on teams and never solo him but if you want to softcap to S/L then Weave or Maneuvers + Ice Armor or Scorpion Armor are a must.