Rad blast DoT powers dont scourge for corruptors?

SlimPickens

OK... so the whole reason I made a corr instead of a defender with rad blast was for the scourge... but the irradiate, proton volley DoT blasts dont seem to scourge, which basically nerfs the set as a corruptor.

is this intended? (really hope not because its stupid)

or is there a bug that prevents the rad blast DoT powers from checking scourge with each tick?

The single target blasts like xray, neutrino and cosmic burst all scourge correctly, but the DoTs have never scourged for me.

• Developer

Scourge checks are always done at application time, not on each tick. If a DoT end's up scourging, it will do so for every tick. This means you wont get a scourge on those powers if you apply them before the enemy hits the HP requirement, even if the enemy ends up getting there while the DoT is still active.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

On 11/18/2019 at 7:28 AM, Captain Powerhouse said:

Scourge checks are always done at application time, not on each tick. If a DoT end's up scourging, it will do so for every tick. This means you wont get a scourge on those powers if you apply them before the enemy hits the HP requirement, even if the enemy ends up getting there while the DoT is still active.

Thanks for the reply.

I have done some more testing and I am seeing scourges for irradiate, when hitting low health targets as should be expected, so I was probably just the victim of a string of bad luck missing scourges on those, but I am now completely convinced proton volley has never scourged at all. I have never once seen the scourge notification pop up in orange letters, is perhaps the scourge pop up announcement not working and Im just missing it? since its a dot and i have it procced its hard to tell if its ticking twice and just not saying SCOURGE or if all the damage is just the normal dot plus proc...

One way or another, the SCOURGE pop up letters are certainly not showing ever, regardless of if the additional damage is activating or not which is hard to tell.

• 3 years later
On 11/18/2019 at 8:28 AM, Captain Powerhouse said:

That does not match what I am seeing... doesn't it depend on the whole pseudo-pet thing, where each dot tick can be a separate attack?

My Cloudburst will commonly scourge on, for example, the 6th and 8th tick only, per the combat log.