Fire/Psy Build request

Saratoza

Hi,

I could use some help in Fire/Psy build pls, intended to solo play with TFs. Appreciate the help. I found this build in one of the websites but not sure if that is a good one to use or not

Thanks alot,

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Sorcery
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Char -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(3), SprEnt-End/Rchg(3), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(5), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(5), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(7)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(11)
Level 2: Mind Probe -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(17)
Level 4: Fire Cages -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(21), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(21)
Level 6: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(50), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(50), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(23), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Arm-Acc/Rchg(25), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(25)
Level 10: Mental Blast -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Acc/Rchg(27), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Apc-Dam%(29)
Level 12: Flashfire -- SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprDmnGrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(31), SprDmnGrs-EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(31), SprDmnGrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(33)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33)
Level 16: Psychic Scream -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(34), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Rgn-Knock%(36)
Level 18: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), LucoftheG-Rchg+(36)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(37), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Rchg+(39), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40)
Level 26: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(40), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(40), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(42), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(42)
Level 28: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 30: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(A), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(43), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SlbAll-Build%(43)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Rchg+(45)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(48)
Level 41: Rune of Protection -- Ags-ResDam/Rchg(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(48), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 44: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A)
------------

Yes that is a strong build. It looks like it was made prior to the proc change rules, so some improvement is possible.

Note that the resists are so high in part because of Rune of Protection, which is only active for 90 seconds every 190 seconds (about 50% of the time).

Specific things I'd revisit:

• There is no reason to take Mental Blast over Subdue. They have the same recharge, animation time, and damage, but Subdue has a Mag 3 immobilize. Useful for AVs.
  • This build skips the AoE blasts from the tertiary pools, a move I don't personally recommend. Dominators ordinarily need to grab every bit of ranged AoE damage they can.
  • Normally if you're going to go with a Villain Patron Pool it's worth it to grab the pet. The pet provides decent damage and aggro fodder and with the kind of recharge you need for pema-dom is basically perma, so by skipping it you're throwing away free damage. The only exception is the Dom who exclusively plays in large teams, but even there the pet is useful (mainly for AVs). 
  • Four slotting boxing just for the 3.75% S/L defense feels like a waste of 3 slots that could go to damage procs. 
  • Overall, under the new proc rules, I'd be tempted to drop some of the defenses in order to gain more damage procs.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 2:36 AM, mbre2006 said:

Wow that is an amazing build. I know I am all for permadoming but that offers both high def and resists. Who made this build originally?

Not really sure who made it, cant recall where I found it (Either Titan network website or the old builds)

• Like 1