New P2W vender item ( Toggle Shape shifting )

Add item in P2W vender.

perma power to shape shift into other creatures

same as done through console commands for those with GM access .

TO start out add something like the coyote and panther travel power .

But with no addition benefits . and usable with all powers .

So for example a Claws/regen scrapper . could toggle on Lion Form. Turn into a lion . and still use his attacks and buffs .

I would suggest starting out with a dozen or so common animals already in the game like from the Vanity pets, and MM set .. then maybe have a community vote from time to time on new ones to add from list.

I can see no way this could be exploitable or game breaking.. and cant for the life of me figure out why they never added this feature in the Live days .

It is not that easy. For every form there would have to be substantial animations work for every powerset. How do you explain a panther with war mace as their weapon? A Wolf with Staff fighting? There's a reason this was not done on Live... it would have been way too labor intensive to create the countless animations needed for people to morph into animals. Now you can "morph" into other humanoids as is the case with the temporary Halloween powers that let you look like various baddies: Carnival, Freaks, etc.

Add item in P2W vender.

perma power to shape shift into other creatures

same as done through console commands for those with GM access .

TO start out add something like the coyote and panther travel power .

But with no addition benefits . and usable with all powers .

So for example a Claws/regen scrapper . could toggle on Lion Form. Turn into a lion . and still use his attacks and buffs .

I would suggest starting out with a dozen or so common animals already in the game like from the Vanity pets, and MM set .. then maybe have a community vote from time to time on new ones to add from list.

I can see no way this could be exploitable or game breaking.. and cant for the life of me figure out why they never added this feature in the Live days .

actually it all already works just fine.. you can do it in single player or through admin console commands right now.. I'll upload a little video clip as soon as i render and crop it a bit.

But for now . just to give you the basic idea of how it works..

A blaster tuned into a trash can doesnt really have any animations does it ? Its just fire shooting from in front of it .

animals like wolves and cats already have attack animations.. when you use your lets say broad sword attack . the dog doesnt swing a sword. he bits (animation) and the damage is just delt to the target .

weapons ( sword/claw/guns ) are not tied to the actual power. just the model . so when you change the model the weapon doesnt come with it . just the powers effect . so yea you could make a cat that shoots fire out of its face .. or a ghost or trash can .. what ever .. the attacks still recharge and fire at the same rate regardless of the model being used .

the only minor exception to this rule is human models.. like if a controller is turned into statesman .. the new body you have will still make all the normal animations and just your over all outfit is what changes..

I'll post the video here shortly