Guidance/Perspective/Ideas?

Quietdraco80

Hi! So, I'm a returning player.

I'm trying to get back into the game and I've got two favorite hero types. Giant robots and transforming heroes.

One of my favorite play styles has always been the Tanker. I love being there in the center of things or close to it trying to keep the rest of the team safe as I can.

In any case, my trouble right now is that I am having difficulty getting that "giant robot" feel out of the game for the mecha armor set. 

What do you guys suggest to get this feeling? I'm looking for primary/secondary/ancillary suggestions, please.

Quick Edit: As a thought, I'm also aiming at "magic powered armor" since you can't really get the giant robot, so... there's that, too. Hope to hear back on this one!

Edited by Quietdraco80

5 hours ago, Quietdraco80 said:

Giant robots and transforming heroes.

With costume change emotes, you could very easily make someone who transforms into a giant robot by binding it to a key in your power bar. 

The Clockwork costume pieces are all pretty good for robotic themes and don't forget to layer up on different pieces where you can. The tech knight is pretty robotty for some parts and the Vanguard stuff looks like it came straight out of Transformers. 

One thing I'd say is to look at customising the powers - some have alternative animations. I actually think some of the best effects can be if you pick light or dark then pick the opposite in terms of the actual colour - Radiation set to Bright but then pick the darkest grey makes it look like you've got smoke pouring out of you. Dark armour with Soul Noir and a really bright effect looks like you've got energy rippling over you. Bio armour can be set to look like you've got electricity charging all over you. Shield Defence has a couple of energy shields (under elemental, I think).  Elec/elec would be an obvious choice, but rad/rad could work too as radiation leaks from your robot's core. Ice armour can be tweaked so it looks like your robot's coolant system? Titan Weapons is a love-or-hate set due to how it operates, but there are some pretty crunchy looking pieces in it. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I tried Titan Weapons, didn't like those. Especially when using the Fusion Hammer. Just didn't seem to make much sense to me there. I love the Ice Armor idea, though. I've been considering that and it works pretty well for me. I ended up choosing martial arts and doing some different punches here and there.

As for the costume, thank you! Those really help out. Vanguard's not something I've poked at yet, but the mecha armor set is also there. You can definitely do some popular robot style heads off of the helmets I've found.

So far what I'm going with (and I welcome other stuff to try out!) is Ice Armor/Martial Arts/Energy. The latter for laser eyes. Because if you're a robot, you have to have laser eyes. Pew. Pew.

19 hours ago, Quietdraco80 said:

The latter for laser eyes.

I'm going for that on my kitbashed Kheldian tanker (made by the ritki to simulate a kheldian then escaped). Also, range is very useful!

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas