I can't start

llamaking

I can't play the game on MacOs Catalina. It load perfect but when I click play it check then the check is gone and I click it again check and gone I also did brew instal wine but it say unknot command what do I do

Edited by llamaking

• Lead Game Master

Installing Wine should not be necessary - Island Rum takes care of these sorts of things automatically these days. Did you make sure to put Island Rum in your Applications folder, and when the prompt started up, to put your game folder in the Applications folder as well?

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

On 1/28/2020 at 10:15 PM, GM Korvin said:

Installing Wine should not be necessary - Island Rum takes care of these sorts of things automatically these days. Did you make sure to put Island Rum in your Applications folder, and when the prompt started up, to put your game folder in the Applications folder as well?

I did not download the prompt when the island rum is in application so I think that the problem but I don't know how to restart downloading the prompt and I try re scan it do not work

• Lead Game Master

First off: try to avoid multiposting, it can make things harder to read - further details can easily be added by editing your post instead.

Secondly, if you're having continual issues with starting up, try rebooting your computer, then launching Island Rum again. Ensure that you have selected the "Homecoming (64-bit)" option before launching the game. Please give that a try, and report what happens.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know!

7 hours ago, GM Korvin said:

7 hours ago, GM Korvin said:

First off: try to avoid multiposting, it can make things harder to read - further details can easily be added by editing your post instead.

Secondly, if you're having continual issues with starting up, try rebooting your computer, then launching Island Rum again. Ensure that you have selected the "Homecoming (64-bit)" option before launching the game. Please give that a try, and report what happens.

do I shut down or restart

Just now, GM Korvin said:

Might you clarify what you mean by that? If there is no download process currently happening, that should mean that all the game files are up to date, and as such is normal.

like can I download the file when I download island rum again

• Lead Game Master

In Tequila, there is an option to verify files - I imagine there's an equivalent on Island Rum. But either way, you shouldn't need to do that: by default whenever there's an update to your game files, they will be checked through to make sure they're correct.

11 minutes ago, GM Korvin said:

In Tequila, there is an option to verify files - I imagine there's an equivalent on Island Rum. But either way, you shouldn't need to do that: by default whenever there's an update to your game files, they will be checked through to make sure they're correct.

I re scan and nothing wrong and try playing but look like game won't start but there other reason I don't know why it start is that my version is 011820201 on MacOs Catalina

Edited by llamaking