Rebuild my fire/kin

coggy

My old  fire/kin  has a very basic build , its been around the  block a few times  and was 1st played pre ED

Now   we are back i would like to ebuild it from scratch , i have read  about building in  tough/weave  but  no idea where to start TBH

I'm just going to address your comment you have no idea where to start.

Here's the thing in general about updating old builds from live. Inherent stamina changed a lot, and many people are even talking about updating builds that precede that. When we used to have to take Hurdle or Swift, plus Health, plus Stamina, that was 3 power picks yanked out of the build. If you wanted a travel power you had to take a pre-requisite as well. So that was 5 powers we had to sacrifice.

Instead with inherent stamina the pressure is greatly reduced. In fact the result of this is that in every normal AT's build (Non Kheldian/Soldiers) you MUST take 2 pool powers while leveling because you don't have enough in your primary+secondary even if you take everything: you will run out at 24 and again at 30. You skip one power in your build - say you don't like repel - bam. That's 3 slots for you to take Kick/Boxing, Tough, and Weave. If you just wait for space to open, you won't get weave until 30, but you don't need it until you get Fulcrum Shift at 38 anyway so no big deal. You want a travel power? Just pick one other power to skip, say you pass over Inertial Reduction and take Mystic Flight from Sorcery pool. Of course if you want the pool powers earlier you can take them, and be confident knowing you can "catch up" and take all your primary/secondary powers later still because you have room. 

SO basically just pick 1 power below 32 to skip in either your primary or secondary and Fighting pool is taken care of, if you want another pool power after that just pick something to skip and that's all you have to do. Also of note, since you can start taking epic pools at 35, if you want to skip your secondary's tier 8 or 9 (for instance, Black Hole in /Dark or a self-rez in various melee sets) you can easily make room to take all 5 of your epic power choices or pick up a couple more meaningful pool choices (haste, recall friend, etc). As a Fire/Kin you won't be doing that but in general - there's wiggle room to be found in many secondaries.

Edited by Erydanus

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!