Allow complete archs in Ouro

Joshex

So, sometimes you do an ouro arch and you get to like one mission away from completing all missions from the contact and thats it. goodbye. however some of these "final missions" give temporary powers and they aren't half bad.

I like that the ouro missions stop when you get the merits, but why not allow users the choice to continue or drop the arch after that? this way we can reharge such temporary powers. even if it's just random missions after that time. still, could be helpful even if theres no more merits involved.

2 hours ago, Joshex said:

So, sometimes you do an ouro arch and you get to like one mission away from completing all missions from the contact and thats it. goodbye. however some of these "final missions" give temporary powers and they aren't half bad.

I like that the ouro missions stop when you get the merits, but why not allow users the choice to continue or drop the arch after that? this way we can reharge such temporary powers. even if it's just random missions after that time. still, could be helpful even if theres no more merits involved.

Because those temp powers they dont let us reget via flashback were traditionally deemed to powerful to have easy access to. Hence why say the wheel of destruction as an example doesnt have cool echo versions one can go reget and have fun with for an hour. There are actually a number of low level temp powers blue and red side that are quite handy and can be kept and used until used up, but one must make sure to get them at level running the content the first time around and then save them for truly dire moments.

Once upon a time, the original massive dps energy wave nemesis staff was easy to keep forever, and one could bring friends into the map to get the crate so they could get it to. Was very popular with controllers and defenders in year 1. Frankly I love temp powers and would have zero issue seeing just about every temp power in the game added to P2W.

18 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Because those temp powers they dont let us reget via flashback were traditionally deemed to powerful to have easy access to. Hence why say the wheel of destruction as an example doesnt have cool echo versions one can go reget and have fun with for an hour. There are actually a number of low level temp powers blue and red side that are quite handy and can be kept and used until used up, but one must make sure to get them at level running the content the first time around and then save them for truly dire moments.

Once upon a time, the original massive dps energy wave nemesis staff was easy to keep forever, and one could bring friends into the map to get the crate so they could get it to. Was very popular with controllers and defenders in year 1. Frankly I love temp powers and would have zero issue seeing just about every temp power in the game added to P2W.

yeah, I seem to remember that. now days, I can't see much consequense in letting people get such temp powers though, maybe just nerf them in pvp, after all the reason they did it originally is the company cryptic and later paragon studios, were charging Subscriptions for access time. it was the money for time component that drove the decision to disallow players to reget things which could make gameplay or progress faster.

If gameplay or progress got faster even by a little bit on average, it could undercut subscriptions because people feel accomplished. thus they tried to keep it "just the right amount of hard" to keep people in the game and paying monthly.

Now we play for fun and our payment (for most of us) is a big thankyou. I can't think of any reasons why allowing access to these temp powers would be an issue. yeah if they put the in the P2W vendor that could be 1 fix, but I myself like the idea of going to get them. not just saving up inf. if I want a sword on a non-sword toon I can go do the missions for the mayor of croatoa and get his sword for 3 days. at the moment the last mission is locked off, so that sword is ungettable. We could make the ouro version non-PVP if people really feel it could be a PVP problem.

either way thanks for reminding me why they did it and I agree P2W would be one valid fix.