How do I install vidiotmaps?

mattwo

You just install it to whatever folder you installed the game in. In my case it's C:\Games\City of Heroes so I end up with C:\Games\City of Heroes\data\texture_library\MAPS etc.

Nuclea - Rad/Rad Defender - Defiant - LoonyToons

You just install it to whatever folder you installed the game in. In my case it's C:\Games\City of Heroes so I end up with C:\Games\City of Heroes\data\texture_library\MAPS etc.

I didn't install the game, Tequila did and there's no data folder in the folder I installed that to.

I didn't install the game, Tequila did and there's no data folder in the folder I installed that to.

If you click on Options in Tequila, it'll tell you what folder the game is installed in. Just point the VidiotMaps installer at that folder and it'll create the data folder and it's contents. You'll need to completely restart the CoH client for it to take effect.

If you click on Options in Tequila, it'll tell you what folder the game is installed in. Just point the VidiotMaps installer at that folder and it'll create the data folder and it's contents. You'll need to completely restart the CoH client for it to take effect.

I put it there the first time, it didn't work... There's no data folder there to begin with, unlike in the appdata folder...

I put it there the first time, it didn't work... There's no data folder there to begin with, unlike in the appdata folder...

That's...odd.  Try this and let me know the result.

• Create a new folder on the desktop
    Run the VidiotMaps installer and choose the folder you just created
    Once it completes you should have an uninstaller exe and the data folder inside the new folder
    Copy the data folder and paste it into the base City of Heroes folder

That's...odd.  Try this and let me know the result.

• Create a new folder on the desktop
    Run the VidiotMaps installer and choose the folder you just created
    Once it completes you should have an uninstaller exe and the data folder inside the new folder
    Copy the data folder and paste it into the base City of Heroes folder

I already installed it to a folder inside the CoH folder and copied it to the CoH folder, I don't see how this would have a different result... In fact I don't see how it would give a different result from installing normally...

I already installed it to a folder inside the CoH folder and copied it to the CoH folder, I don't see how this would have a different result... In fact I don't see how it would give a different result from installing normally...

It wouldn't have a different result, but since you said earlier in the thread that you used the installer on the CoH folder and it didn't work, I figured it was at least worth a try.

Someone on Discord earlier used the installer on the CoH folder and it worked. I used the copy method yesterday to the CoH folder and it worked as well. I have no idea why it won't work for you.