Elec/Dark - cosmetic question, also Scrapper vs. Brute

Keilis

I used to have an Elec/Dark Brute that I was excited to start playing, but then The Snap Announcement happened.  I'm remaking him, but I think I'll do so as a Scrapper.  A stronger LR sounds more fun than a stronger DS, and I like the freedom of pausing during play.  My Stone/Elec can stay Brute for SMASH and tanking, and my Claws/WP is meant for gogogo play, so Brute it shall stay.  In any case, does Elec/Dark sound better on a Scrapper to you all?

Also, before I really get going, it's worth asking all you /Dark vets the most important question about this character.  The idea with this character is that between his featureless black model, the thunderhead aura, Elec/, Dark Embrace, Murky Cloud (with noir customization), and Cloak of Darkness, he'll look like a vaguely humanoid-shaped evil cloud that occasionally spews red lightning.  Is that what I'll get, or does CoD stop obfuscating your model when you attack?

Bonnes from the old forums.

's doesn't make things plural

Been so long I think the cloud stays even when attacking and obscures everything still to some degree

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

I had a lvl 50 elec/shield brute back in the day and to be honest with you, elec melee always felt a tad lackluster on a brute, lots more than other sets which shine later on or when the fury bar starts moving up seriously (such as claws or dm) so I'd go scrapper. As to elec/dark, afraid I can't be of assistance, from afar I'd say the combo lacks synergy but to be totally honest with you, the reason I never tried is because I have a hard time picturing a right concept for the combo. In any case, for what is worth, I'd go scrapper with elec melee.

Yeah, this character is much more about the RP and concept than it is about powerset synergy.  Alas, if only I could put the KB->KD IO in Lightning Clap, then I could do wonders with that and Oppressive Gloom!  If I were doing this as a Brute, at least I could use Electric Fences first, but I suspect I'll have plenty of fun as it is.  :D

Also, FWIW, I did some more digging, and I found a video of /Dark that both used CoD and was zoomed-in enough that I could clearly see that I couldn't see the actual model in combat.  My plan is sound!

Scratch that - it's not in Pine's yet, but there's a Knockback set with a KB->KD, Sudden Acceleration, which seems to work in Lightning Clap.  Stackable AoE stuns with some KD to keep them in my DS?  Sounds like one heck of a synergy to me!