Bank missions made easy.

Mageman

Many people wonder why to do the bank missions as you level. The reason is easy: +5% health bonus to your character by finding the exploration badge in each zone. NOTE - you don't have to actually complete the bank mission to do this, but I do it while I'm there (plus you get a temporary power if you successfully complete the bank mission - the temporary powers are great while you level).

What do I have to do in these bank missions? You must get the exploration badge in the mission. The easy way to find them is change the maps by installing the edited maps. They can be found here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/3523-vidiotmaps-for-issue-24-and-beyond/ . Also, having the Reveal power (below) helps in finding them (look for a green shield with a number 1 on the mission map).

Why not wait until you’re level 50 and go through Ouroboros? For me, I’ve never done it through Ouroboros (and therefore I don’t know how). And with my system, it doesn’t matter how poorly you’re slotted (or even if you have no enhancements).

I hate doing all those door missions to get the bank mission. If you only do the “Defeat _____ and his/her Guards” missions. If you take Super Speed as your travel power and slot it with Celerity: Stealth enhancement, you can run through the missions invisible until you find that person and then defeat everyone in that room. It's almost always the room farthest from the entrance.

The radio (newspaper) isn’t giving me those Defeat missions. The easy way is to zone then return and check again. For me, I use a macro base portal (on Excelsior this one works well: /macro_image "Teleportation_LongRangeTeleport" "Teleport: Cosmic Terminal" enterbasefrompasscode COSMICTRANSPORT-6608 ). As soon as you enter the base, click on the entrance portal to return to where you left. This resets the list of missions to choose from. Also, this macro has no cool-down timer so you can use it as often as you want.

I can’t find the person I’m supposed to defeat! Get the Reveal power (10,000 Inf – this is very cheap) from the P2W vendor.  This will remove the black from the map so you can find the person at the end of the mission. The vendor is in Atlas Park, Mercy Island, Pocket D, and Nova Praetoria.

The person I’m supposed to defeat is too tough for me. Set your notoriety Adjust Level: -1, Number of Players: 1, Solo Bosses: No, and Solo AVs: No. This can easily be done by clicking on the chat bubble next to where you type to talk then Set Notoriety then the one you want to change. If you have a mission, you can see your current settings there.

The bank missions are too tough! This is a common problem - especially for "squishy" classes solo - since these missions spawn enemies that know exactly where you (the mission owner if in a group) are and will attack you even if you're invisible. I do the bank missions when I’m 3 levels higher than the level of the mission. If you have your notoriety set to level -1, then I do them when I’m 2 levels above when I received them. If you out-level the mission by more than 3 levels you won’t get any Experience or Inf.

How do I do both the Hero and Villain missions? You must be level 20 to get the tip missions. You can change your alignment without tip missions. Just visit Null the Gull in Pocket D – the small bird located on top of the truck near the elevator to the villain zones. Set your alignment to Vigilante (blue side) or Rogue (red side – Rogue is preferred as you can then do the Patron Power Pool arc at level 35+) and you can move between hero and villain zones with ease with either alignment (especially if you use the base portal above). There is no level restriction for using  Null the Gull and no timer on how often you can use it to change your alignment. NOTE – changing your alignment can cause you to lose a mission you haven’t performed yet. Because of this, I set my alignment and leave it alone until I’m level 50.

Which zones do I use?  Personally, I get these missions at the lowest level that they’re available (level 5, 10, 15, etc.). I also successfully stop the bank robbery (as a villain successfully rob the bank) also. NOTE – you can have both the safeguard (hero) and the mayhem (villain) missions at the same time if you’re a vigilante or a rogue.

Your
Level
Bank Mission Hero Zone
(Safeguard)

Villain Zone

(Mayhem)

Safeguard*
Exploration Badge
Mayhem**
Exploration Badge
5-10 Atlas Park Kings Row Port Oaks or
Cap Au Diable (8+)
Heart of the City
(Hate of the City)
Global Threat
(Global Guardian)
10-15 Kings Row Steel Canyon
or Skyway City

Port Oaks (12-) or

Cap Au Diable

Kings Righteousness
(King's Capriciousness)

King Maker

15-20 Skyway City

Steel Canyon

Skyway City or
Faultline

Cap Au Diable Courage Driven
(Rage Driven)
Road Raged
20-25 Steel Canyon

Faultline

Talos Island or

Independence Port

Sharkhead Isle Freedom's Defender
(Freedom's Crusher)
Steel Worker
25-30 Independence Port

Talos Island or

Independence Port

Sharkhead Isle or

Nerva Archipelago

Honorable Captain
(Dishonorable Captain)

Tyrannical

(Revolutionary)

30-35 Talos Island

Brickstown or

Founders Falls

Nerva Archipelago

or St. Martial

Talos' Might
(Talos' Blight)
Talon of Talos
35-40 Brickstown

Brickstown or

Founders Falls

Nerva Archipelago

or St. Martial

Cornerstone

(Weak Point)

Brickhouse
40-45 Founders’ Falls Peregrine Island Grandville

Founders' Protector

(Founders' Invader)

Anarchist

(Libertarian)

45-50 Peregrine Island Peregrine Island Grandville

Gatekeeper

(Keymaster)

Gate Crasher

(Gate Closer)

* Badge is what you have as a Hero/Vigilante (Villain/Rogue).
** Badge is what you have as a Villain/Rogue (Hero/Vigilante). NOTE - if the names are idential, I only display the one.

The contact is offering me the wrong mission. Do I have to do all those door missions over again? The answer is maybe. If you are trying to get the higher-level bank mission (for example, you’re level 15 and you’re trying to get the Skyway mission and the contact is offering you the Kings Row mission) then no – all you need to do is select Leave from the contact (not erasing the door missions you’ve completed), then when you make another level (in this example: make level 16) and return to the contact. You will be offered the next mission. If you wait until you’re at the max level to receive the missions (example: level 15 to get the Kings Row mission), you will need to do the door missions in another zone or tell the contact Not Now (erasing your mission history) and redo the door missions hoping that you get offered the correct mission the next time. Remember – if you out-level the mission range (in this example you make level 16 while trying to get the Kings Row mission) the contact will never offer you the lower-level mission. You can turn off Earn XP in the options menu to prevent you from out-leveling the mission.

Edited by Mageman
Added the badge names for the Safeguard/Mayhem missions.