Spider Crab backpack options + others

I'm just curious if the Arachnoid legs that they use it a wholesale model change simply using the skeleton of the Crab Spider backpack or is it simply a 'retexturing'?

If it's a simple retexturing then I would love to get that texture as an option for Crab Spiders, would further allow for more player customization. Admittedly this would probably require digging through the files and finding the Arachnoid model, stripping out the textures and modifying the textures to be usable by players. If, however, it's a bit more advanced than that and is actually a more major model change then obvious that's not going to be an option.

If we could I'd also like to see the Arachnoid faces as options for males and the Regent Korol face as an option for females...but I think that would take a LOT more work.

610px-Regent_Korol.jpg

Edited by DR_Mechano

The Arachnoid legs do indeed use the same rig as the crab spider backpack. I think the meat doctor backpack does too, but I could be wrong.

I think those are the only other two things in game that use the crab spider animation rig, besides maybe Lord recluse himself.

19 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

The Arachnoid legs do indeed use the same rig as the crab spider backpack. I think the meat doctor backpack does too, but I could be wrong.

I think those are the only other two things in game that use the crab spider animation rig, besides maybe Lord recluse himself.

Oooh I would love for Crab Spiders to get the Meat Doctor packback as an option as well if there were at all possible, completely forgot about them. Still it's a lot of work for not a huge amount of gain (even if that gain is 'opening up Crab spider to be a lot more different concepts')