Mastermind Question

hyacathinose

6 hours ago, Redlynne said:

To be fair ... */Kinetics Masterminds ought to be able to make use of this trick, it doesn't have to be Beasts.

Just for the heck of it, I logged into my lvl 35 Demon/Kin after and respeced it.  I had the pet IO's I needed already sitting around , but basically you can get 30% damage resistance just from slotting the Sovereign Right, Expedient Reinforcement, and Mark of Supremacy uniques. Putting three  damage resistance IO's in Increased Density netted  me an additional aprox. 28% Smashing/Energy resistance.  Jumped in and played a few tips missions in the Rogue Isles, and I have to say I was very pleased. I can't imagine why I didn't think of this before.  I'm already using pet resistance uniques in my Necro/Thermal.  

Edited by tjknight

On 3/24/2020 at 3:52 AM, TheSpiritFox said:

Interesting back and forth. I didn't know beasts could hit those numbers defensively. At the same time I did know that fortify pack is a trade off, you ideally don't want it up all the time to maximize damage. Fulcrum shift helps and I can see why beasts is the one pet set you might actually want to use Kin on, I still just generally dislike Kin as a set tbh and would prefer almost anything else for an MM. My Kin is a Kin/Sonic defender, because if I'm going to have a Kin it's going to be one designed to get the absolute maximum out of the set and Kin/Sonic is actually a solid defender pairing both for buff/debuff and personal damage. Just a purely group oriented toon, but it's not like I have ANY trouble finding groups. 

kin works on thugs as well without the drawbacks fortify pack gives. it will also do more damage because the damage is on tier 2's for aoe and the tier 3 for single target - and the bruiser destroys all other mm pets when it comes to single target damage.  it is however a later blooming set and the tier 1's have zero resists base so they will die a bit no matter how many increased densitys you stack or auras you have. 

you can also fully max out their damage, accuracy, procs and other things they do without making any sacrifices because you can just use 4 to 6 slots in gang war to hold all of the uniques while placing SA's buildup in the bruiser.