Pleae Help: New loading issue for Mac

VinicanMorbo

My client quit unexpectedly today. When I tried relaunching "loading" appeared then this smaller window opened (see below) along with a barely noticeable and completely redundant tab (over the loading message), which could only be closed, it allowed no further interaction. Tried relaunching, deleted and redownloaded coh folder, deleted and reinstalled island rum and the same issue persists. Has anyone seen this before or know why this could be happening? Maybe some hidden file that's been corrupted? Note, the window where it hangs is part of "wine".

Thx in advance for any assists.

1862926560_ScreenShot2020-03-25at3_40_46PM.thumb.png.e4baec2cdc473b7e20e0a9bbc9b552c8.png

Found this:

But my Home directory is empty.

On 8/23/2019 at 2:37 AM, EgyptoNerd said:

After some doing I finally found that when I did ls -a there was a .wine.backup folder

Found hidden folder in home directory and deleted it with the COMMAND+SHIFT+.

Launched 64bit client and this time it worked.

Holy sh*t... i hope no1 else ever has to endure this. So... for mac, pressing return can (as in sometimes) switch between full screen and default display size. Somehow the display got minimized to the tiny 3 button bar in the above image. Pressing return while it's loading brings you back into full screen. I wasted an entire day reinstalling and faffing to come up with this. But... at least i'm back in.

I've had similar happen a couple of times before, it crashed (the tiny window is the crash report) and corrupts something in your profile. If you look in the Dock you'll see a new process running that looks like a DOS window (the crash report), just quit that.

Sometimes it means when I restart it just has everything set back to default (loses all settings), other times, as you've had, you have to delete the wine profile. It will just rebuild it, although occasionally I've had do the extra step of adding pulse audio back into it because it had no sound.