Dark Servant damage procs?

DemonWithin

Was playing around with mids and noticed u could put 6 damage procs in dark servant.  I thought 'that would be nice'.  Wanted to check if anyone has done it and if the the big fuzzy guy actually can do damage with 6 procs.  Or is there some game mechanics that makes this idea not work well?

No there's a mechanic involved here. The procs can only fire in the servant's powers that they match up with;  so for instance if you put in 2 procs from hold sets, only when it uses Petrifying Gaze do they have a chance of triggering.

There is ONE proc that can trigger in everything Dark Servant does other than Petrifying Gaze, and that's the one in the Cloud Senses, Accurate to-hit debuff set, and it's a chance for negative energy damage so it's even on-brand.

On top of that proc I personally like to use a mix of accurate to-hit debuff and accurate healing in mine. The heal is something he will cycle through but I felt like I wanted to invest a little bit of enhancement in that even though it's just one part of his rotation. I didn't feel like it was worth slotting for any of his mezzes, but to-hit is almost universal so I went in on that.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!