Looking to solo with Elec Armor. Any build/AT advice?

lightpunch

Hi folks,

Just recently rejoined the game since live, feels great to be back. I've only rolled two characters so far, a troller and a defender, so I'm looking to create a melee character with good solo potential.

I'v gotten the concept of an AI out to defend/rescue/avenge its creator into my head and now I can't get it out, so I find myself drawn to elec powersets. I've considered them all, but elec looks kind of mixed across the board, with Elec Armor standing out above the others as just a little more well-rounded/having fewer holes (except toxic resist).

Any thoughts on good pairings for Elec? Any AT I should roll with Elec armor for best soloing potential? I never had a high-leveled tanker back on live so I'm most interested in trying that out, but if y'all think Elec is really better on one of the other ATs, I'll hear you out.

Currently, I like the idea of Elec/DB (just love the look of two colored vanguard blades), Elec/Kat, Elec/TW, and Elec/Spines (with metal spines, for a biomechanical liquid metal sort of thing), but I'm really open to anything. I'm resistant to DM and Elec Melee because my scrapper and brute back in the day used those respectively, but I'm open to being persuaded. As long as it works in my head thematically and will be a good time soloing (without a massive inf investment), I'm into it.

Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated!

Edit: and just to be clear, I fully intend to team and tank with this build too. I just need it to be solo viable so I have a character to explore the game lore with and to occupy myself when I can't find a team.

Edited by lightpunch

There was another recent post asking about Elec/X.  I posted a sample build in it for Elec/Fire.  It might be worth a look, and should be easy enough to switch it up to most secondaries.  It was an example build, so it could also likely be optimized some.  Spines is similar to Fire, so should have similar results.