Bug: Macros being truncated randomly (after working properly for X Minutes)

laxrulz777

I started my first ever Peacebringer. Did a little research on macros. Created three macros

/macro_image "UmbralBlast_DarkNova" "Go To Human Form" "goto_tray 1$$powexec_toggle_on energy flight$$powexec_toggle_off bright nova$$powexec_toggle_off bright dwarf"
/macro_image "LuminousBlast_BrightNova" "Go to Bright Form" "goto_tray 3$$powexec_toggle_on bright nova"
/macro_image "LuminousAura_ThermalShield" "Power Up Shields" "powexec_toggle_on thermal shield$$powexec_toggle_on quantum shield$$powexec_toggle_on shining shield"

All of these work fine. I have Macro #1 above on trays 1 and 3 (in slot 6). Macro #2 above is tray 1 slot 5 and macro #3 above in tray 1 slot 7

Macro #3 above has never had an issue. Works perfectly every time (I press it three times to toggle on all three powers... no issue)

Macros #1 and 2 also work just fine. They do exactly what I want. BUT...

After playing for several minutes (as quickly as ~1 minute or as long as about 45 minutes), they will randomly truncate and just become goto tray x macros. The rest of the text will drop (if you right click on the macro button you can see the text... when I create the macro, the whole thing is present but once the bug happens and I right click all that will appear is the goto tray x portion). 

My memory is a bit hazy, but as I recall, this is a long-standing bug and existed back in the day on live. As I understand it, it has to do with having a macro, in a power tray, that changes the power tray the macro is in, where the new macro being swapped in is occasionally truncated to the length of the old macro being swapped out. 

To no one’s surprise, pb & ws players seem to run into this bug a lot. I believe the common workaround is to use keybinds to do the tray switching directly, rather than having the tray switching occur from inside a macro. Suggest checking the pb & ws forums for the exact details. 

I think it might also work just fine if the macros aren’t in the power trays being swapped in and out, but it’s been a while since I played with this. I use the keybind solution myself. 

Edited by ZekeStenzland