Sonic Blast alternative animations have longer cast time

Peacemoon

I’m not sure if this is a bug or a known side effect, but if you use the alternative animations for Sonic Blast then the powers have a much longer cast time than if you use the default animations. 

Have only tested with Shriek and Scream but it is very pronounced. Shriek is a fast activating T1 blast, but with the alternative animation it is almost 2 seconds.

Could this get looked into please? I‘d only want to play Sonic Blast with the alternative animations! 😊

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

I should add I tested this on a defender, haven’t tested it on other ATs

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

57 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

I know that, at the very least, this is also true for the T1 power in Psi Assault. I swear the thing has over 2 seconds of cast time.

Does it use the same alternative animations, where the player character steps forward and puts their hand out in front of them?

I don’t know if this is intended. My assumption was the powers were balanced numerically and the animation chosen shouldn’t effect how the power performs, although happy to be corrected.

As it stands the alternative animation does last a long time, and even at 2s cast, it still gets interrupted in a seemingly unnatural way if you chain a power to immediately follow it. I think there is a real issue here? 

Retired, October 2022.

33 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

Does it use the same alternative animations, where the player character steps forward and puts their hand out in front of them?

I don’t know if this is intended. My assumption was the powers were balanced numerically and the animation chosen shouldn’t effect how the power performs, although happy to be corrected.

As it stands the alternative animation does last a long time, and even at 2s cast, it still gets interrupted in a seemingly unnatural way if you chain a power to immediately follow it. I think there is a real issue here? 

I believe so, yes.

And I highly, highly doubt this is in any way intended.

10 minutes ago, Rigel Kent said:

This is a regression. It started happening with the February 18 patch. "Psionic Dart for blasters--animation time increased after 2/18"

That’s a shame. I hope they can fix it soon.

Retired, October 2022.