Good Spines/DA build?

billy2hawks

I have one in progress, I can give you her leveling build but I don't have a "purple" build yet.

Got three things ASAP. Had to play the market for the funds but they've been critical-- a kb protection IO (I used a karma in combat jumping), the panacea +health/+end IO (helps SO much with dark's end issues) and a theft of essence chance for + end (was hard to buy, very few on market).  Those three things make spines/dark much more fun to level. You aren't getting knocked around, you aren't TOO worried about end, and you can actually use dark regen--sometimes to even fill the blue bar. 

Interesting how much of the spines info from old, live guides was... fairly wrong. Like barb swipe being terrible. It's actually great, especially for brutes. 

42 minutes ago, eknudson said:

Interesting how much of the spines info from old, live guides was... fairly wrong. Like barb swipe being terrible. It's actually great, especially for brutes. 

Barb Swipe was reworked AFTER the game shutdown back in 2012. It was horrible before. Cast time was about 2.43s with base damage of 60.4. Now it's casts in 1.056s and also does more damage, 70.0. 

7 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Barb Swipe was reworked AFTER the game shutdown back in 2012. It was horrible before. Cast time was about 2.43s with base damage of 60.4. Now it's casts in 1.056s and also does more damage, 70.0. 

Thanks! I never took barb swipe back on live but when planning my brute it was fairly obvious that I'd want to take my best DPA single-target attack. Building fury at low levels without it would have been much more challenging, too. (Generally on any team at medium to high levels, the damage auras attract enough aggro that building fury isn't a major concern)