Clarifying things about Mercs

Danakir

I recommend Maneuvers and Tactics on all toons, but ESPECIALLY all Masterminds. Even if you have an end hungry secondary, take them anyway. Even if you're not running them most of the time. In the long run you can make any endurance problems go away with sets.

Id also like to mention -Nature for the following points and assuming you are using the advanced mastermind binds.

Corrosive Enzyme:  -RES and DMG (-18%) for my toon.

Spore cloud: -To hit and more -DMG.

Life spores: Constant regenerates for around 75-100 per tick, plus can slot another perf shifter and all  the excellent procs from healing(chance to absorb).

Perma-Wild Growth.

Perma-Bastion.

Near Perma- Overgrowth.

All of which are possible with the T4 Agility and all of which makes your poor Mercs perform  a LOT better then the old days.....

I played Mercs/Poison (when POISON was hot garbage) and I still got to 50 with them. They're really not bad.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

can someone clarify to me why my dudes stand around and do nothing in defensive mode? That is the only mode in which I share damage with them right? Well I seem to only be able to get them to attack anything if I have them attack my target, which immediately pulls them out of defensive mode.

Use the command the default attack command aggressive and change it to defensive.

what?

the attack my target command immediately puts them into aggressive. can you edit the command?

Id also like to mention -Nature for the following points and assuming you are using the advanced mastermind binds.

Corrosive Enzyme:  -RES and DMG (-18%) for my toon.

Spore cloud: -To hit and more -DMG.

Life spores: Constant regenerates for around 75-100 per tick, plus can slot another perf shifter and all  the excellent procs from healing(chance to absorb).

Perma-Wild Growth.

Perma-Bastion.

Near Perma- Overgrowth.

All of which are possible with the T4 Agility and all of which makes your poor Mercs perform  a LOT better then the old days.....

while yes, perf shifter and panacea do work in lifegiving spores and give that little spurt to whomever it procs on in the field, since the ppm changes for i24 it's not worth slotting them.

for a power like spores the system will check once every 10 seconds and try to proc it once - and only once. on one target. it is EXTREMELY rare for it to proc on more than one target per 10 second tick.

tested using thugs/nature and panacea (green number floats over head for a different value than spores so easty to tell)

can someone clarify to me why my dudes stand around and do nothing in defensive mode? That is the only mode in which I share damage with them right? Well I seem to only be able to get them to attack anything if I have them attack my target, which immediately pulls them out of defensive mode.

Use the command the default attack command aggressive and change it to defensive.

what?

the attack my target command immediately puts them into aggressive. can you edit the command?

right click>edit