Odd mission fail

RikOz

This was a weird one.

Last night one of my alts had a mission from Unai Kemen in Peregrine Island. I can't remember which one, but it was one of the random missions he offers before he offers the first mission in the "To Save a Thousand Worlds" arc. One of those repetitive "go to dimension X and close some breaches" missions.

I ran up to the appropriate portal and,  just as I clicked on it, another player sprinted (or possibly super-speeded) up from behind me (probably didn't even notice me there) and bumped me right off of the little bridge/walkway that leads to the portal. I landed on the floor in the pit at the bottom of the portal.

When I glanced up at my mission/nav window, the text had changed from showing the mission objectives to "Mission Failed". Yes, I failed the mission without actually setting foot in it.

I realize this is probably impossible to solve, since the chance of another player bumping me at the precise instant I clicked on the portal was one-in-a-million, but it's worth a shot. since it basically cheated me out of an entire mission.