Broken spawns in mission

srmalloy

I was doing Tobias Hansen's mission (level 30) to 'defeat all zombies in mausoleum', where you're in the wide grey caverns and have three victims to rescue. I had badly outleveled the mission, and was running it at +4, so it was a level 34 mission. I'm not sure how it happened -- I think I ran into a quirk in the makeup of the Banished Pantheon faction -- but instead of the 'lieutenant Shaman and zombie' spawns around the mission level, I was getting level 40 spawns (+6 to the mission level) with a Shaman downgraded to minion and one of the newer lieutenant mobs ('sealed of Joule' or the like) that summon BP masks as underlings. Because I was severely overleveled for the mission, taking them wasn't impossible, but it was a surprise. The spawns that were just minions, and the one spawn with a Totem, were normal level for the mission.

I think what happened was that I'd hit a gap in the mob types for the Banished Pantheon, where there weren't any lieutenants for that level, and the game picked the closest it could find, but they don't spawn at lower than level 40, so they spawned at their minimum level. If this is true, it might be worth looking at the level ranges for the BP and tweaking them so you don't get gaps that result in surprise spawns like this.