Herodrome (Terraria Mod)

oedipus_tex

Cheers CoX players. 🙂

So these past few months during COVID I've assembled a tiny programming team to work on a small project for the game Terraria. In the months that passed, the project grew larger, and finally we managed to cobble together something semi-playable. As it happens, that something is loosely based on one of my favorite games, City of Heroes, borrowing many of that game's combat rules. 

Now, keep in mind, when I say "loosely" I mean that in the strongest sense. 😄 Terraria has a completely different game arc and very rudimentary combat system that required retooling to make it all work, but it was possible to borrow some of CoX's best ideas. So, we grabbed the idea of archetypes, powersets (with a more limited selection of powers and no pool powers), power recoloring, as well as enhancers and set bonuses. In tribute to CoX, several powers have similar names, although the mechanics work very differently.

The resulting game is very unbalanced at the moment, with a lot of bugs. But, since there are so many dedicated CoX fans here I thought I'd out myself as lead developer. The game will be published through Terraria's TModloader mod menu at some point, and for now is only available by special invite. These boards are dedicated to CoX Homecoming, and I don't want to give the impression that I'm stealing players from here (even if this game is wildly different than CoX) so I won't do too much talking about the mod here unless I hear from someone on the Homecoming team that that is okay. Meanwhile though, if you'd like to help me beta test this thing, maybe we could work something out.

You can read a description of the mod here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FJ0yB5S4TrtE1EEa8pMs6PhRJRtzpGhrCOfbOvTXXq0/edit#

• Thanks 1