Help with stalker Set IO's

Grymbeard

I am valiantly trying to build a stalker out on Pines but can't really figure out what a stalker should be shooting for... Like with my brute I knew that I needed 45% defenses and as close to 100% res I can get. So I could use the set finder to pick and choose sets based on those bonuses.. With my nature corrupter I wanted recharge reduction to get as close to perma uptime on my buffs as possible.

however, I cannot figure out what I should be shooting for on a Stalker... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Well, it really depends on your power sets. If you have something you want to perms, then you should build for recharge.

But let’s assume you are a generic stalker that doesn’t have any long recharges and who will team a fair amount. The first thing I would recommend is sit down and determine what your attack chains will be and make sure you have enough recharge to cover that attack chain with no downtime. This shouldn’t be very intensive and may only require a few sets, especially if you get the stalker ATOs, which I highly recommend.

Then it comes down to your style of play. You aren’t going to be able to cap everything as a stalker. For me, I managed to cap smashing/lethal resistance, psy resistance, and nearly cap melee def (when GS was up) with my staff/dark. However, I like to enhance my strengths while leaving my weaknesses because I find that more enjoyable. You may want to plug your holes instead of trying to get to the cap, which might mean you focus on getting def/resist in something that your power sets don’t address. It’s ultimately up to you.

Thank you for the response. Essentially it is a grab bag for stalkers.... As a Savage Melee/Bio stalker at a low level like I am now I have no downtime in my attack chain. The powerset is super fast and not even very endurance intensive. Even running all the toggles I am rarely losing out on end. I also don't see any glaring holes in my defensive powerset. ugh......

Thank you for the response. Essentially it is a grab bag for stalkers.... As a Savage Melee/Bio stalker at a low level like I am now I have no downtime in my attack chain. The powerset is super fast and not even very endurance intensive. Even running all the toggles I am rarely losing out on end. I also don't see any glaring holes in my defensive powerset. ugh......

Just remember there is a difference between having no downtime between attacks and having no downtime in your attack chain. It’s trivial to always have an attack up, but not so trivial to have a optimized attack chain.  I don’t know how savage melee plays, but at the very least, you want AS to be every fourth attack, so plan accordingly.