Clicking play on launcher causes green screen

Echo Night

A few minutes prior to loading up the launcher, I cleaned out my computer, took out the ram stick and put it back in. Just checked the gfx card for proper seating and it looks good. Before clicking the play button on the launcher, everything is normal. After, and only during CoH, my screen turns green. Any ideas?

Edit: Just had the same thing happen to Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition but only after auto config the gfx card.

Edited by Echo Night

• Game Master

Does Windows make a sound when the game starts as if it's trying to notify you? 

This can be a few things:

-- Did you update your graphics drivers lately?  If so, go to the Device Manager, find your graphics card, and try to "Roll Back Driver".  See if that works.  There might be a issue with the new driver that you might need to report to the company.  (They prob. won't give a horse's patoot about us, but if Injustice isn't working, they'll definitely have some interested customers asking why.)

-- Improper configuration of graphics card settings.  Green screens can occur if your card is set to high DPI or refresh if the display doesn't support it.  Instead of auto config, try going to your graphics card and find an option to restore defaults from when the driver was first installed, see if that clears it up.
-- Hardware Errors.  If the system doesn't give a "Blue Screen of Death" and you can get out of the green screen and return to Desktop, check your Application Logs (Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management.)  If there are hardware issues, the log will have some entries around the time you tried to launch the game.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

1 hour ago, GM Tahquitz said:

Does Windows make a sound when the game starts as if it's trying to notify you? 

This can be a few things:

-- Did you update your graphics drivers lately?  If so, go to the Device Manager, find your graphics card, and try to "Roll Back Driver".  See if that works.  There might be a issue with the new driver that you might need to report to the company.  (They prob. won't give a horse's patoot about us, but if Injustice isn't working, they'll definitely have some interested customers asking why.)

-- Improper configuration of graphics card settings.  Green screens can occur if your card is set to high DPI or refresh if the display doesn't support it.  Instead of auto config, try going to your graphics card and find an option to restore defaults from when the driver was first installed, see if that clears it up.
-- Hardware Errors.  If the system doesn't give a "Blue Screen of Death" and you can get out of the green screen and return to Desktop, check your Application Logs (Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management.)  If there are hardware issues, the log will have some entries around the time you tried to launch the game.

Hi and thank you for your response.

-No Notification sound can be heard when starting the game, however, I just restarted my computer again and heard an audible chime followed by a popping sound.

- I re-installed the driver after the green screen happened to see if that would fix it but it did not and the option to rollback is not selectable. It's there, but I can't click it.      Maybe un-install, re-install?

- I don't see either the DPI or refresh option from the list of of available entries for my gfx card which is Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070. Restoring to default status didn't work.

- No hardware issues took place at that time or since.

Edited by Echo Night