Abandoning a Mission

Darque Invader

I have a Hero character who participated in a joint Hero/Villain mission to Port Oakes but got booted before the mission was completed. Now the system will not allow me to abandon that mission and return to doing my regular Hero missions. How do I accomplish this without deleting the character and starting over?

1 hour ago, Darque Invader said:

I have a Hero character who participated in a joint Hero/Villain mission to Port Oakes but got booted before the mission was completed. Now the system will not allow me to abandon that mission and return to doing my regular Hero missions. How do I accomplish this without deleting the character and starting over?

Go take another Mission from a Contact (probably Newspaper would be the best)..

Select the new mission by clicking it and clicking 'Select Task' and you now have that new mission as you Main Mission.

Now you can Click on the Old mission, you wanted to abandon and select 'Abandon' and that should do the Trick.

Greetings and thank you Ashington.

I attempted your suggestion, but unfortunately every contact from whom I tried to get a mission told me "It looks like you have a more important task to attend to". I tried going all the way from my original contacts in Atlas Park to several zones higher than my current level and they all said the same thing.