Stuck on "SCANNING: Begin Update" after downloading tarball

jackalcoh

My install (Island Rum on a MacBook Pro) is stuck on "Scanning."   It's been "Scanning" for 30 minutes now.

How long should it be "Scanning?"  30 minutes?  An hour?   Is it bugged?  Does it ever end?

I don't want to blow it away and reinstall cause I'll lose all my custom costumes.

scanning.png

6 minutes ago, jackalcoh said:

My install (Island Rum on a MacBook Pro) is stuck on "Scanning."   It's been "Scanning" for 30 minutes now.

How long should it be "Scanning?"  30 minutes?  An hour?   Is it bugged?  Does it ever end?

I don't want to blow it away and reinstall cause I'll lose all my custom costumes.

Unless you have a REALLY slow computer or internet, shouldn't take longer than 10-20 minutes to download and update. Manga had to release a few patches tonight, so make sure you are using the latest IR version for your OS.

Also, you can back up your custom costumes by copying them to another folder. I do so all the time. Open the coh folder inside the Application folder on your Mac, and there should be a Costumes folder. Just copy that folder into another directory, or your desktop. I also suggest copying the folder that is named after your account, the "data" folder, the PowerCust folder, options.txt, keybinds.txt, and wdw.txt. All of those are customizations you've done in the game. Any Screenshots you've taken will be in the Screenshots folder.

Edited by Takehai

Takehai

Global Handle @Night.Fyre

Confirmed Alt-oholic....

I have a very fast MacBook Pro.  Maps/Missions load super fast.

It's now been stuck on "SCANNING" for 40 minutes now.  I don't think it's doing anything.

I can't find where this thing installs itself on my Mac... i'm looking... so i can back up the "data" directory.

It finally finished.  Took 40 minutes.

Btw- I found where it installs itself.  And the Costume are not in "data"...  There's a "Costumes" and "PowerCust" folder for each respectfully.

It installs itself in /Applications/coh/.

$ pwd
/Applications/coh

$ find . |grep Retro
./Costumes/RetroMagic2.costume
./Costumes/RetroFlame2.costume
./Costumes/Retro Magic.costume
./Costumes/RetroFlame.costume
./PowerCust/RetroFlamePowers.powerCust
./PowerCust/RetroMagic2.powerCust

Just launched Island Rum, and see there's a new patch being installed.

I've going to time it this time. I wish there was a way to see the progress of "SCANNING" since you don't know if it's got 20 more minutes left or 40 more minutes left.....

And this is a SSD drive so it's super fast hardware.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.25.16 AM.png

22 hours ago, Manga said:

If it gets stuck on self-update, just download a new copy at https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/

Which I tried... and it failed 3 times.  And I documented that here ->

It did finally work...

My question is are their good "reinstall" instructions out there?  Because I felt like I removed every piece of it I could find, and it still failed to reinstall giving me errors that "Game Client Not Detected."