Mind/Martial - Need Build / Slotting feedback please

Mucera

Hello all you wonderful people,

i would really like to make this Dom work. I have no expectations of soloing AVs / GMs, but would like to be able to participate in smaller and larger groups and hold my own.

I am dead set on Cross Punch but would like some feedback on the following please:

- Epic Power Pool Choice

-- Which would you take here and maybe why

- Slotting

-- I tried avoiding anything costly unless strictly necessary for some reason.

-- I would like perma hasten and maybe perma dom is possible ?

-- Unsure if my defense / resistance values are sufficient (considering i probably wont have much agro)

- Build Advice in general

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 2.22
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

MeleeDom: Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Mind Control
Secondary Power Set: Martial Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Levitate -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(5), Tmp-EndDrn%(5), Dmg-I(7), Dmg-I(7), EndRdx-I(9)
Level 1: Shuriken Throw -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Thunder Kick -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(9), Dmg-I(11), Dmg-I(11), EndRdx-I(13)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 6: Confuse -- Acc-I(A), Conf-I(13), Acc-I(15), EndRdx-I(17), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 8: Stealth -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Spinning Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Acc-I(21), Acc-I(21), Dmg-I(23), Dmg-I(23), EndRdx-I(25)
Level 12: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 14: Invisibility -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(19), EndRdx-I(19)
Level 16: Envenomed Blades -- RechRdx-I(A), EncAcc-ToHit/Rchg(25), EncAcc-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(27), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 18: Total Domination -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(29), RechRdx-I(29), Acc-I(31), Acc-I(31), AscoftheD-Rchg/+Dmg%(31)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Avl-Rchg/KDProc(33), Acc-I(33), Acc-I(33), Dmg-I(34), EndRdx-I(34)
Level 22: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- ResDam-I(A), ResDam-I(34), EndRdx-I(36)
Level 26: Weave -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(36), EndRdx-I(36)
Level 28: Cross Punch -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Acc-I(37), Acc-I(37), Dmg-I(37), Dmg-I(39), EndRdx-I(39)
Level 30: Terrify -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(39), RechRdx-I(40), RechRdx-I(40), Fear-I(40)
Level 32: Caltrops -- PstBls-Dam%(A), EndRdx-I(42), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 35: Mass Confusion -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(43), Acc-I(43), RechRdx-I(45), RechRdx-I(45), EndRdx-I(45)
Level 38: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(42), EndMod-I(42), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- ResDam-I(A), ResDam-I(46), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 47: Masterful Throw -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(48), Dmg-I(48), Dmg-I(48), EndRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Soul Drain -- Dmg-I(A), RechRdx-I(50), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Heal-I(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(3)
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 5% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)

------------
Set Bonuses:
Encouraged Accuracy
(Envenomed Blades)

Some brief notes, based on my lvl 42 Mind/Martial.

For my epic pool I went with the Mace, for a couple of reasons. The Scorpion Shield gives a nice +defense power (as opposed to +resist, which isn't as useful for Doms with their low hit point pools). Mace also gives Disruptor Blast, a targeted AoE. I really wanted some more AoE power that wasn't melee ranged, but I'm not very impressed with Disruptor (long cast time, mediocre dmg, some knockback) so this choice might not stay. Mace also gives Personal Force Field, an okay panic button and LotG +7.5% recharge mule. The minmaxers will probably say you should take the Ice epic pool instead, as it has an equally good defense power and the awesomeness of Sleet, but that didn't work for my character's concept. But, it may for yours.

Otherwise, avoiding expensive set IOs is reasonable if you're starting out, but they really do give an enormous boost to your character's power, so I'd suggest looking at this non-set build as a temporary expedient rather than an end goal. You have double the amount of +accuracy IOs and more +endredux than you'd ever need, and not enough +damage IOs slotted. You're also using a couple of rather expensive purple proc IOs when you could probably buy an entire cheap IO set for the price of each one.

For power choices, I'd suggest Domination or Mesmerize over Levitate for the much better ST control they give. I'd also strongly recommend picking up Trick Shot. It's a great power, works from any range, and doesn't need you to stand in the right place to work the way a cone power does. To make room for it, I'd drop Caltrops - if you want CC, you have much better tools, and if you want to damage enemies you have much better tools for that as well, so Caltrops isn't really doing much. Also, you could probably drop Invisibility altogether by replacing it with a Celerity +Stealth IO in Super Speed, which combined with Stealth should make you invisible enough for most purposes.

Regarding permadom, this is unfortunately something you will need IO set bonuses to reach. 5 of the LotG +7.5% recharge IOs I mentioned earlier, slotted into defensive powers like Steath/Invis/Weave, would be a big help, though they are pricey. There's a fair number of other sets (Basilisk's Gaze, Posi's Blast, Obliteration, Sting of the Manticore, etc etc) which will also give +recharge. You'll need a bare minimum of 123% recharge to get permadom, plus whatever buffer you're comfortable with on top as a safety margin - typically 80-100% global recharge + hasten's 70%.

As for def/res values, it depends on what you're running and who you're with. My (unfinished) mind/martial is building for soft-capped ranged/smash/lethal/energy defense, but other players feel that's far too cautious and your controls should be your main defense. It just depends on your personal playstyle.

Thank you Excidium.

The +Stealth IO is a great Idea. 

As for the recharge, shouldn't the force feedback Proc have the same end result as the LotG ? 

Or are the LotG always in effect and the Force Feedback proc only when you attack ? 

Scorpion Shield is also a good point.

Yeah, the LotGs are always active. If you build your character the right way, you won't need the Force Feedback procs in any case. A typical build can hit about 170% recharge without relying on procs, just by using Hasten, LotGs and accumulated set bonuses. Those bonuses will work all the time, in combat or not, unlike the FF procs. That in turn frees up the slots you are now using for FF procs and lets you slot something more useful, like damage procs or whatever.

Yeah Doms excel with IO sets arguably the most so I'd for sure invest a decent chunk into it if at least for permadom.  Typically with Hasten you'll want to shoot for somewhere between 85-95% more recharge bonuses for comfortable permadom.  You can get a great deal of bonuses from the cheaper rare sets.  

I have a lot of experience with Mind so I can help out a tad with that.  I pretty much take the controls you've taken but I substitute out Levitate for Mesmerize since a sleep will still do well for you plus it's psi damage.  I'd also try to take the ST hold since that's typically the go to in my chain but you could do alright using confuse more often than I typically do.  

You can slot the rare sets for the sleep, fear, confuse and get 6.25% recharge bonuses.  Then your melee attacks you could use crushing impacts, obliterations in your pbaoe powers and ranged attacks decimations.  Yes the LotG will be the most bang for your buck so at the least I'd get those.  All in all you could make a real strong 50-100 mil permadom.