Unconventional TW/Elec

jack_nomind

This is a Regen-focused TW/Elec perma-hasten build that six-slots Energize while hitting strong Melee Defense and capped S/L/E resistance.  It's less of a 'solo everything' build than a 'team-ready haste monster.'  As-linked, the build lists all IOs at +5, but in reality I'd only +5 the vanilla IOs and a few others.

I'd love some feedback.  My three biggest regrets are the <1s difference from perma Energize, not hitting a higher HP total (I'd love to have +200hp or more for a regen build), and not hitting 20% to all Defense positions (ie, 2 small purples away from softcap).  I'm also torn between Assault Core and Assault Radial, since Radial obviously offers a higher cap performance but Core is a better 'fixer.'

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

I'm agonizing over something similar, but having little experience with full and finished builds, I wonder if the Lightning Reflexes and Hasten are worth the hulabaloo? I'm waffling hard over /LX and /WP. Willpower seems like an easier playstyle, with more "auto ons". Does having both the recharge boosters help cram more attacks into the momentum windows? Do you hit a softcap for number of attacks that can go in that window based on pure attack animation times?

Does the cool stuff you get from Electric Armor account for the increase in complexity?

Do you hit a softcap for number of attacks that can go in that window based on pure attack animation times?

Does the cool stuff you get from Electric Armor account for the increase in complexity?

1. it's not a soft-cap.  animation times are fixed.  Titan Weapons uniquely has two different sets of animation for five of the nine powers, and does one or the other based on Momentum.  In theory the cap is 5 (since you only have to have momentum to activate the final attack with its lower time), but in practice you'll get 3-4.

The true measure of DPS in City of Heroes is DPA, damage per animation second.  There was a perpetual conflict in Live between the developers, who designed satisfying heavy hit attacks with beautiful long animations, and players who were constantly looking for powers that activated <1s.

The benefit to having a very high global recharge (including both Lightning Reflexes and Hasten) is being able to minimize the number of different powers needed for an attack chain, and to make certain power effects nearly permanent, actually permanent, or sometimes even stacked for greater benefit.  In my build I can trigger Energize more or less as soon as its effects fade, keeping up those important regen and endredux boosts and additionally getting a 55% heal every 30s.

2. Sure, I think so.  It's got some great debuff resists and endurance boosting that TW very badly wants.  It improves damage much more than WP.  But you're absolutely right that WP is the laziest secondary.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker