Friends / Global Ignore / Click to Edit/View Notes

Squeakieclean

So recently I had a small bit of chat in the game's Help channel after a quick stint of "rude people denying humanity of people get a note added to them and then promptly ignored." Though then I asked myself, can you see those notes yourself of those you have put on your Ignore list?

And the answer is, no, you can't. Not directly. Sure, you can check your playernotes.txt file to cross-reference @'s with your notes, but on the other hand, sometimes you just want to see why you added a person to your ignore list as readily as you want to see who you added to your friends or global friends list with the notes you can review and edit readily from there.

As such, I'd like to suggest an option to add to the Friends / Global Ignore pane of the Friends tab, that one can right-click a name to Edit Notes of that person. Unsure how large or involved a change this would be. Especially considering the spaghetti code hell nature of CoX.

• Like 1

You ignored them for a reason, kind of pointless to cross reference someone just because they have a different character on line.  You ignore the person behind thier self assigned @global not the character.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I do have a habit of clearing ignore lists in games because I ignore liberally. But when I have a notes system to fall back on (like on GW2), I am less likely to unignore them.

Because I make it explicit why I ignored people on those. Hard to go "oh right, I am not removing you from ignore" when the stated reason is "unapologetic racist."

• Like 1