Looking for a budget build psy/wp

ryokoryu

If all you're planning to do is run radios in PI, then you don't need much from a build.  PI radios are about as tough as rolling your face on your keyboard.  Sure, that's snarky, but it isn't far off reality.  

In less snarky (mind you it is tongue-in-cheek) words, you could run on all single-origin enhancements and be *fine* for what you're asking.  

If you'd like a bit a of a primer on what powers are good in Willpower and some basic ideas on where to start with slotting, then please browse the sticky at the top of this subforum.  Willpower is a very basic set.  It's simplicity is the beauty of its design.  You give it a little bit of love and care with planning and you can have a pretty effective character.  

Psychic Blast is fairly easy.  Skip Mental Blast.  It's pretty much crap.  Strongly consider taking the very first AoE attack you get and definitely the second one.  That's just to cut down boredom of being limited to just 1 AoE and your T9.  

If you're not planning on going full on with some tricked out build, then go ahead and take Psionic Strike.  It hits pretty freaking hard even if it takes a long time to animate.  It works very well as filler if you're trying to keep things simple.  TK Blast, Will Domination, and Scramble Thoughts are your best attacks available to you.  You can, potentially, make an attack routine just out of those three attacks with incredibly high recharge.  If you're not pushing for perma-Hasten, then Psionic Strike is your filler.  It also has very satisfying crunch to it.  Use 5 to 6 slots in your attacks and you're well on your way.  

Now, if you're looking for a build that is a lot more complicated than the above we'll have to have a talk.  However, for general leveling and just radio missions feel free to explore the powers.  Willpower is hard to build "wrong".  It can be done, but you kind of need to try to mess it up.  Psychic Blast only gets really complicated when you're crafting some bleeding edge build.  Otherwise the set by itself is pretty mediocre.  It too is hard to break unless you waste a lot of time hitting that Mental Blast button.  

1 hour ago, ryokoryu said:

Not lookin to run em by myself, just wanna be able to keep em going if we have 6 newbies and the tanker leaves

My answer wasn't targeted for solo, and the tanker leaving or not is irrelevant as Sentinel's aren't tanks.  

The sticky I mentioned discusses example sets to shoot for.  There are a few Willpower posts in this sub you can search for.  Same goes for Psychic Blast.  

I'm not trying to mislead you.  Willpower isn't complicated.  Psychic Blast isn't either.  Mental Blast is the worst attack in that set even considering the Opportunity mechanic.  Everything else is either general use or something niche for how you want to play (i.e., Psionic Strike).  You can take almost all of the powers from both sets and have a 100% competent character to play and even do it on SOs.  SOs are the most budget friendly source for enhancements I can think of.  

Now, if you're looking for really specific ideas here are some.  

Thunderstrikes in your attacks up to 6 slots for each single target power.  The damage modification is more of what you're after here vs the set bonus.  Decimation 5pc for the recharge bonus is another good option if you can afford that.  Go for the proc in a power like Psionic Strike or Scramble Thoughts.  That means only 1 power can have the full 6 set bonus.  

Get a single Gaussian's chance for Build-Up and put it in your Aim power.  If you want to put a full level 50 IO of recharge or an SO of recharge you can do that too.  

For your AoE *any* cheap 5pc is going to be fine.  Bombardment or Positron's Blast are particularly useful due to recharge bonuses.  

For your Willpower slots you can really go with whatever you want.  You're not going to soft-cap much of the defenses on Willpower without spending a ton, and frankly it is overrated AF.  Instead, maybe look at getting some Unbreakable Guard (I think that is the name I recommend in the sticky) at 4 slots to raise melee defense a bit.  Thats for when stuff gets in your face.  

For your regen powers you can easily stack any 3 slot health set of your choosing.  Maybe even spare a 4th slot if you can because many sets get a +% to healing in that spot.  If you have enough slots then 5 slot at least Up to the Challenge with Doctored Wounds because again, recharge.  

Any of the cheaper defense sets are going to be fine because Luck of the Gambler may be out of your price range.  You can easily get by with 3 to 4 slots in any of the +defense powers like Heightened Senses.  

If you can build up enough money for both of the 3% global defense uniques, then get them and put them in the passive health/resistance power. 

Boom. Done. 

That's a budget build explained. 

Edited by oldskool