New install, user, and issue (maybe)

Cotswold

Firstly, hello and thank you all for the great work you've done and continue to put it!

I downloaded the launcher and started the homecoming install. It got up to 99% then dropped to 94-92% then continued doing that cycle with a few % difference. Eventually it will stop installing/downloading and just say "incomplete".

After looking at the log I don't believe it's on my end... but it could very well be lol. Thanks in advance for looking it over.

launcher.log

@Cotswold , from reading your launcher.log, the install proceeded as usual up to the EULA, then would have opened up the main launcher window where you saw the progress bar.  Again as normal, the launcher continued to download files from Homecoming until it then started getting a large number of errors in the downloaded files.  The launcher keeps trying to download the files until they are all received without error.  On your install, it kept trying but never gets to the point they all download and pass the test.

it's been several hours.  I'm going to suggest you try starting the Launcher again via its link and see what happens.  If it works, then it was a transient issue either at Homecoming or on the Internet that has been resolved.

If the old HC Launcher install is still failing, I'm going to suggest you now leave this install of the HC Launcher alone and try installing again from start, in case the problem although transient left issues with the old install.  You will need at least about 6GB free before starting this.

• Download the installer fresh from https://manifest.cohhc.gg/launcher/hcinstall.exe
  • Run the new installer but install to a new location on your computer, which I will refer to with <new City root>.
    • This will be completely independent of the old install.
    • You will need to access it by the new links it makes, which will refer to the new launcher at
      • <new City root>\bin\win64\launcher.exe
  • Reply back with what happens and if not good, a new launcher.log.

The root cause producing errors in downloaded files could be on your computer, but that is unlikely as it would have had to come up exactly part way through the install without error before and then a high rate of errors after.  It could be in the Internet between your computer and Homecoming, but I think you'd see other signs of that.  It could be caused by a transient issue with Homecoming, which they should have detected and resolved, as I've just done a new test install on my computer and it completed normally.

Anyhoo, hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply! I did a fresh new install, or tried at least, and had the same issue. I have no evidence, but I think it may have something to do with using fixed wireless internet. I have no problems gaming (use my xbox and also play WoW and SWToR) but I have had a couple starts/stops with other downloads. Just speculating as I have limited IT acumen and knowledge.

But yeah, the same exact issue happened again with the new attempt. Next step, take my laptop to a friends house and do the download there I guess