Bots/Force -- Am I doing this right??

City_of_Jedi

Hello all:

I'm attempting to re-create a character from the Live Servers from all those years ago.  My build back then had Aid Other/Aid Self, but I don't recall how useful they were.  The build posted below removes those powers and opts for Repair and Assault.  The other benefit of this is that it allows powers to be slotted sooner to when they are acquired, and Vengeance enters the build at 30 instead of 40+.  Should I go back to Aid Other?  If I do, shouldn't I take Field Medic?  And aid self as a pre-req?  No experience with Field Medic at all, as I don't recall it being in the game!  ???  What do I drop to fit those things in?  (I can post the old build if that would help for comparison, but I was trying to avoid "spamming" the thread.)

Opinions are welcome on this power-swapping decision and the build in general.  Thank you.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Bots-Force Hero RESPEC3: Level 50 Technology Mastermind

Primary Power Set: Robotics

Secondary Power Set: Force Field

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Teleportation

Ancillary Pool: Chill Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Battle Drones -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(3), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(3), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), BldMnd-Acc(5), BldMnd-Dmg(7)

Level 1: Force Bolt -- Acc-I(A)

Level 2: Deflection Shield -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(7), Srn-Def/EndRdx(9)

Level 4: Insulation Shield -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(9), Srn-Def/EndRdx(11)

Level 6: Equip Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 8: Fly -- Flight-I(A)

Level 10: Maneuvers -- Srn-Def/EndRdx(A), Krm-ResKB(11)

Level 12: Protector Bots -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(13), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(13), BldMnd-Dmg(15), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), EdcoftheM-PetDef(17)

Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(17), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(25), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(43), GssSynFr--Build%(46)

Level 16: Personal Force Field -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 18: Repair -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19), RechRdx-I(19)

Level 20: Dispersion Bubble -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21), RedFrt-Def(21), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(25)

Level 22: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 24: Recall Friend -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 26: Assault Bot -- BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(27), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(27), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), BldMnd-Dmg(29), SvrRgh-PetResDam(31)

Level 28: Photon Grenade -- RzzDzz-Acc/EndRdx(A), RzzDzz-EndRdx/Stun(31), RopADop-Acc/Stun(31), RopADop-Acc/EndRdx(33), RopADop-EndRdx/Stun(33), Dsrnt-I(33)

Level 30: Vengeance -- RedFrt-Def/Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(34), Srn-Def/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(39), AdjTrg-ToHit(40), ToHit-I(40)

Level 32: Upgrade Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 35: Repulsion Bomb -- RopADop-Acc/Rchg(A), RopADop-EndRdx/Stun(36), RopADop-Acc/EndRdx(36), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(36), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(37), RzzDzz-EndRdx/Stun(37)

Level 38: Force Bubble -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(39), EndRdx-I(39)

Level 41: Ice Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)

Level 44: Frozen Armor -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def(46), RedFrt-EndRdx(46)

Level 47: Hoarfrost -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal(50), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)

Level 49: Hibernate -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(34), EndMod-I(34)

Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)

Edit:  I forgot to mention that this is intended as a level-up build, even though it says "RESPEC". 

Formerly Negative_Man on the CoH forums (I'm more positive nowadays)

"I don't want it to appear that I'm willing to settle for anything. No-one likes a zombie without standards." -UnknownSubject

I don't know if this build is the *best* or completely and fully optimised, but since I've been running with it I've been having a lot of fun and no longer feeling like I'm the weakest person in the room. I'm not quite to the point where I'm able to do the same things that some of the uber people I run with can do, but I can hold my own easily, and it's been going very, very nicely.

I'm not used to having a medical power that can help others, and Vengeance is one of those that's very conditional since things have had to go very, very south before you can use it. But I've liked it.

Just my two cents and feedback on it. Thanks for posting it!