Strident Echo's animation slower than expected

nihilii

(Crossposting from blaster forums)

I think there's something wrong with Strident Echo's animation. Here's how I tried to test it:

I made a level 50 DP/Sonic on the Test server. I didn't slot any enhancements. No toggles were activated, nothing boosting recharge.

Pistols has a base recharge of 4 seconds. Executioner's Shot, Echo Chamber, Dual Wield and Strident Echo all have 1.67s animations (1.848s with Arcanatime). If the listed animation times are correct, whenever I use Pistols then 2 of the other 4 powers, I should have a slight lag of 2 server ticks before Pistols activates again, provided I queue powers in advance to eliminate my own lag.

When I did Pistols -> Echo Chamber -> Strident Echo, Pistols was recharged before Strident Echo finished and activated immediately.
When I did Pistols -> Echo Chamber -> Executioner's Shot, Pistols was not recharged before Executioner's Shot finished, and took a couple ticks to activate.

When I did Pistols -> Echo Chamber -> Dual Wield, Pistols was not recharged before Dual Wield finished, and took a couple ticks to activate.

I repeated this test 10x with each combo and got the same results 10x. This seems to suggest Strident Echo has an extra root time in its animation. It's not much, perhaps the real animation is 2s rather than 1.67s.