Question about weapon switches

StriderIV

I’m interested in possibly running a Dual Pistol/Tactical Arrow Blaster or a Trick Arrow/Dual Pistol Defender.

Does anyone have experience with either of these combos? How do they flow? I’d imagine it COULD be jarring jumping from one set of weapons to the other. If you use “no redraw” do the weapons just disappear when you switch between power sets?

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions!

Yup.  With No Redraw, it's just like "BOOP!  Suddenly weapon!"  And it can sometimes get a smidge buggy, playing or not playing animations unpredictably, while still rooting you for the duration of what would have been the animation time.

If visual consistency within the fictional framework is crucially important to you, then a combo of two Weapon Sets might become aggravating.  If it doesn't matter, the new Trick Arrow is definitely worth exploring.

1 hour ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

Yup.  With No Redraw, it's just like "BOOP!  Suddenly weapon!"  And it can sometimes get a smidge buggy, playing or not playing animations unpredictably, while still rooting you for the duration of what would have been the animation time.

If visual consistency within the fictional framework is crucially important to you, then a combo of two Weapon Sets might become aggravating.  If it doesn't matter, the new Trick Arrow is definitely worth exploring.

Thanks man, that was the insight I needed. In that case, I might just go full archer =P