Fire/Ice Blapper

Nathaniel424

Frozen aura does damage now and it's worth picking up and slotting if you are into melee blasting. I think it's a shame to go into cold mastery and not pick up hoarfrost to cap your HP.

Rune of protection almost mandates that you invest in a lot of recharge bonuses which deprives you of defense bonuses/power picks that you can otherwise build for. That's the challenge with blasters. Your build will only have ROP up 1/3 of the time, if you can knock the downtime to 1/2 or less then I'd say ROP is worth it. Otherwise building for softcap defenses is going to be the more consistent way to go.

Nowadays I prefer S/L and Ranged defense on blasters. Most melee attacks have a S/L component so that's solved with S/L defense, range defense covers the rest and it's the ranged attacks that will stop you before a fight even starts. Fire/cold defense isn't all that important, most attacks are hybrid fire/S/L or cold/S/L so your S/L defense will cover against those and range defense will cover the rest, even some of the ranged psi attacks.

Stamina is a worse endurance recovery power than frigid protection, if one of those deserves to be 6 slotted it's the latter. With a 6 slotted frigid protection you don't need any of the other recovery uniques. You don't need to 3 slot hasten, 2 slot with level 50+5 boosted IOs and call it a day. You can't go crazy with procs when you have to build for 2 different vectors of defense but you can at least cram a guassian's build up proc in aim.

This is how I would build a fire/ice focusing on survival with cold mastery.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Ice Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Cold Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(15)
Level 1: Chilblain -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(3), Artl-Dam/Rech(3), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(5), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(5), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(7)
Level 4: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(42)
Level 6: Ice Sword -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(23), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Mk'Bit-Dam%(25)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(9)
Level 10: Frigid Protection -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(27), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(27), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(37)
Level 12: Aim -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(13), GssSynFr--Build%(13)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Rain of Fire -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(17), Artl-Dam/Rech(17), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(19), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(19), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(21)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(46)
Level 20: Ice Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-ResDam(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(37), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(40), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), StnoftheM-Dam%(42)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(34)
Level 35: Freezing Touch -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(36), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(37)
Level 38: Frozen Aura -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(40)
Level 41: Snow Storm -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(45), ShlWal-Def(45), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 47: Hoarfrost -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal(50)
Level 49: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-ToHit(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
------------

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!