Name Request Thread

Mjolnerd

"I designed this costume, but the character needs a name."
"I want to play a [primary]/[secondary] [Archetype] but can't think of a good name, can someone help me out?"
"I had [name] on live but it's taken on Excelsior, does anyone have a decent alternative they're not using?"

A discussion in the "Name Release" thread prompted the creation of this one. Think of it as a sort of a companion to that thread -- this is the place to ask for help naming a character on Excelsior. Maybe you're looking for something specific, maybe the one you wanted is taken and you're looking for something else, maybe you're just drawing a blank... the fabled "best MMO community in the world" might be able to help.

Obviously, don't suggest names you know to be taken. Ideally, check anything you're going to suggest in-game before posting if you're able. If you're asking someone to give up something they're already in possession of, maybe offering a trade would be nice, too (by which I mean, "offer up another name from your roster," not "offer to pay them a ton of Inf" and especially not "offer them some sort of real-world reward for it" since that's likely a violation of the Terms of Service).

I'll start:

I designed this character during the Blip, when all we had was the costume editor, and ever since the game came back I've wanted to do something with her. Obviously she's got Shield Defense, but her AT and accompanying attack powerset are kind of up in the air (it's Street Justice right now, but she could easily be remade to use Martial Arts or Psionic Melee or a weapon or who-knows-what). I haven't settled on a background or origin story, though I've always sort of leaned toward "cop from the future" or something similar. At the moment I'm squatting on the name "Vigilant" for her, which I recognize is objectively a very good name, but for whatever reason it isn't clicking with me. I'd be willing to trade that name for a replacement -- something that references the shield and/or protection indirectly would be most appreciated (you know, Guardian or Sentinelle or something), but I'm willing to consider others, especially if they suggest a particular attack power to go with the shield.

vigilant 2.png

vigilant.png

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)