Can No Longer Lauch Game

Acroyear

I play CoH: Homecoming every few days with no issues launching the game. But today I keep getting the following error message when I try to launch the game from Tequila:

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Clicking the "OK" button brings up the following error message:

"The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

What is going on here? Can anyone provide a fix for this issue? I've been playing this game since it returned and have never had an issue launching it before today.

I run CoH on a Windows 10 computer in case that information is needed to correct this problem.

• Game Master

Easiest possible fix: Windows Update had a patch for Visual C Runtime.  Restarting and allowing the updates to finish may resolve it.

If not, another possibility is the Visual C Runtime was removed.  Homecoming needs the runtime to operate the client.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

• Lead Game Master

Depending on which version of Windows you're on, simply hitting your Windows key/Start menu and typing "Windows update" should bring up the windows update interface.

You can also google Visual C Runtime and try re downloading/reinstalling (preferably form Microsoft's website, not some 3rd party download hub).

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

Hello Again,

I did do the update, GM Impervium, but that did not correct the issue. I then followed GM Tahquitz's instructions and downloaded the Visual C Runtime (for 64-bit) and that did do the trick! I am again able to log into CoH: Homecoming.

Thank you both for taking the time to help me. I sincerely appreciate it.

• Thanks 1