Greetings...

BjorJlen

And hello Homecoming. Please excuse me, but I am slightly nervous in posting this greetings as such. I am a old time CoH player (I joined between issue 3 & 4 and left in 2008 just before issue 12 due to some medical issues) and while I have been playing on the Reunion server (as said name) for a while now. However as I am a bit disabled, and was using a old laptop that was as disabled as I was (lol), I didn't quite feel comfortable enough to really communicate with anyone in game, or even post here on the forums.

So I hope you'll forgive me for not being "sociable" as so many of you great players are. However very recently I was able to upgrade to a actual newish PC (a Alienware system to be exact), and now that I have relearned some of the basics of playing this great game again, and having a PC that won't make me feel that I am slowing any of you down, I figured I would come onboard here on the forums and say hi. I still have a long way to go to relearning things (like IO's for example), but I hope to meet some of you in game and even team up with you now that I can keep up lol.

I love the game and the great community of players that, well... play the game (heroes and villians alike), and am especially thankful that the people that run Homecoming have blessed all of us with the chance to enjoy City of Heroes that was taken away from us far too soon imho. I am a "older" serious player, who loves teamwork, having fun being a super hero (though those dang skulls keep popping up no matter what I do lol), who has altitis big time. The creativity of the game draws me to it like a moth to a flame... dang character creator.

So far my highest character is T'rel (a recreation of my lvl 50 DM/INV scrapper back in the day), who is currently 20th lvl. However, I have a lot of other characters as well (this time being drawn more to Controllers then Scrappers), and I am always creating new ones as ideas pop into my head (I tend to create concept characters most times). Some of you (on Reunion) have even commented in game about them in game from time to time (via chat and such), but being unsure with a "disabled" laptop and all, I was for the most part nervous about saying anything (as much as I wanted to).

So please do not think it was because I was being rude, because that wasn't my intent. People like Shen-Dragon, and "Ghost Girl" (sorry but I think that was her name) for example. You both rock, and Reunion is a far better place with you in it, then otherwise. So as I play the game when I can (I work a lot and tend to be more of a "casual" player then the hardcore one I was back during live), please feel free to come up and say hi, or send me a tell, because I plan on doing the same.

I have a LOT of questions as the game has grown soooo much since when I left, so again please forgive if I ask a lot of them either here on the forums, or in game. Even if I ask the same ones more then once, because due to my condition, my memory isn't what it used to be lol. Also I was thinking of posting some (or a lot lol) of screen shots of my characters so I can not only show you who I played, but also to get any comments about them (or "hey I recognize you!) kind of stuff. The only question is, where do I post such images so that they don't get lost in the tons of great in game pictures that are on these forums?

Also as I have a lot of questions, where should I post them, even if they are a bit redundant as I'm sure some of you have heard them before? I am not necessarily a Noob, but if one asks enough questions, even respectfully so, one can sometimes appear to be lol. Such is life though. I've done a ton of research and relearned a lot, but there are always more questions to ask and things to learn, am I right? In either case, I suppose I should end this post now as it does look a bit long winded (I promise you I am not on my storm character... yet lol). Thank you for reading this intro of mine, and I look forward to hearing anything any and all of you have to say, as well as meeting you officially in game, and in other areas on these great forums.

Peace...

P.S: Sorry but I forgot to mention this; I am looking for a official server to play on most times. Like I said, I've played on Reunion a LOT, and while a GREAT server, I am not committed to it per say (no offence). I don't do PvP (other then base raids back in live), and am too nervous to RP, so that leaves: Excelsior, Everlasting, Torchbearer, and of course Reunion. Which is the best (if any of them can be that is), friendliest server, and who would want a old new player from back in the day, who honestly can be "slow" at times (heck I am so slow, that I made a fun Mind/Rad Controller called "Slow Moe" lol)? Thanks in advance... 🙂

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...