Make Praetorian Zones Reach Lvl 50 w/ Zone Level Adjustments

So I just played through the Praetorian content trying to stay gold and of course you tap out of content at a certain point.  It's not possible to run a gold character to 50 with the current content (Pocket D AE only), and with double XP (which I suspect many use) you breeze through the lower levels.

So I thought a simple fix might be to adjust the zone levels. Not sure if that is as easy as it "sounds" but I would think adjusting mob levels and spawning mobs in new level ranges and adjusting contact mission levels is the brunt of it.

I know Wyvern had a level adjustment and I don't think it included an actual power adjustment so that part is possible. The Praetorian mobs already span into the next higher level range to some degree so balance-wise should be challenge enough - maybe its not optimized but should still be a solid challenge. As to whether the rest can be an easy switch or run through a script - only Dev's know. 🙂

So it would be

1. Nova Praetoria: 1-10
  2. Imperial City: 10-20
  3. Neutropolis: 20-30
  4. First Ward: 30-40
  5. Night Ward: 40-50

Ideally you also work in an intro to Doorman so characters have a real intro to First Ward.

Nightward's other-worldly-ness really feels like top level stuff already.

Characters who go blue/red with Sheridan at level 30 would run into the New Praetorians and maybe Mr. G right away.

Characters who go blue/red at level 50 can go right into DA and Number 6 and it feels all very related. 

Edited by Ankylosaur

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

I'd like to see something like this implemented, but there has to be enough content in each zone in order to advance your levels that far.

If the missions in each zone can take you from 1-10, 10-20 and so on then it won't be a problem, otherwise there may have to be more stuff added in to help pad it out so you can level through it all the old fashioned way.

Granted I was playing Double XP but all I had room for was the main arc I did (Crusader). And just as a litmus test I was at +0 all the way through night ward.

Though I took a few side missions in the lower levels, I never had a chance to do them, so I would think through Neutropolis there is enough content for a goldsider that wanted to explore. Plus they are such gorgeous zones I would have liked more time there and may have found more missions to do or try impersonation missions, etc. had i not outleveled them so quickly. (again my own fault for Double XP but I suspect loads of people use that).

First Ward and Night Ward might already be a little thin content-wise, but this idea does not increase the number of levels they span - just shifts the levels they span up by 10. So it is no worse or better for those two zones as a result.

In the end it would give a goldside path to 50 with trivial content development (Doorman intro) - and just moving some numbers around. 

Edited by Ankylosaur

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

• Ankylosaur changed the title to Make Praetorian Zones Reach Lvl 50 w/ Zone Level Adjustments