PVE Warzone Contested Map

I realize this is basically never happening, but its always been a dream.  And I'm bored at work, so here we go!

One thing I've absolutely always wanted, was a Warzone type area, with a PVE contested area.  We will use the Rikti Warzone as an example here.

They had a bunch of mini outpost/bases in the area, if they were expanded a bit more, and the Rikti could actually assault, and take them over if they killed a specific Boss character, they could take it over, and from there spread throughout that area of the map.  Getting stronger as they go.

The allied NPC's would also fight back, and often could take back a base/outpost.  Not always the case.  Maybe the Rikti are making a huge push.  Heroes come in, and help the NPCs fight back.

Two reasons I'd personally love this.  One, it would make a Warzone map actually living.  There are consequences/boons to everything that happens.  The frontline moves around, things can get more dangerous for players if they let it get out of hand, etc.  I wouldn't even complain if high level players had to get involved in order to fight it back, it would feel awesome calling the "Legends".  Or being a high level player being requested by other players would feel awesome.

The other reason, is simply because I love war.  Seeing the chaos, and seeing it react on its own.  Seeing something move, and change without player interaction is absolutely fantastic.  In the games that have something similar, I often find myself just watching it, and seeing how things play out. 

Anyways, I'd love a new, or revamped old maps that do this.  RIP Tabula Rasa.